James to lead Reed in new season
REED Cricket Club will go into the 2007 season with a number of players taking on new roles within the club. At the club s annual meeting James Heslam was appointed club captain when Simon Jackson stood down after completing seven successful years as fir
REED Cricket Club will go into the 2007 season with a number of players taking on new roles within the club.
At the club's annual meeting James Heslam was appointed club captain when Simon Jackson stood down after completing seven successful years as first team captain.
Pace bowler Andy Young will act as vice-captain after an excellent first year at the club in 2006. His enthusiasm and quality should prove a real asset to the new skipper.
Jason Archer will continue as Reed second team captain and Peter Baker will manage the third teamwho will have a full set of fixtures this season having secured a promotion last season, their first year of formal Herts League Cricket.
You may also want to watch:
Reed's first team will again play in the Saracens Hertfordshire League Division Two competing against many of the major club sides in the county.
The second team will compete in Division Seven while the third will play in Division 12.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
On Sundays, exciting young cricketer Marcus Martin will lead the Reed first team into action in the North Herts League Division One following last years last-gasp promotion to the top tier of this competition.
The experience should give Martin an excellent grounding for future years and assist in the development of the future of the club. Peter Baker will run the Sunday second and transition teams games.
Reed are keen to attract new players of all ranges of ability for the coming season and anyone interested should contact James Heslam on 07795 110505,
Pre-season nets are under way on Friday evenings (8-9pm) at the Knights Templar Sports Centre in Baldock and new members are welcome to come along.