It’s victory – off the Cuff!
Royston 27pts Cuffley 0 ROYSTON returned to winning ways after last week s defeat against Wasps Amateurs. In a game they controlled for long periods, they went in 10-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Steve Bass try, which was converted by Michael Schurch, wh
Royston 27pts Cuffley 0
ROYSTON returned to winning ways after last week's defeat against Wasps Amateurs.
In a game they controlled for long periods, they went in 10-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Steve Bass try, which was converted by Michael Schurch, who also scored a penalty.
Further tries from Schurch, Chris Ball and Ian Bibbey - one of which was converted by Schurch - gave Royston the Herts/Middlesex League points.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a good win, especially after we'd lost to Wasps last week," said captain Steve Clay.
"We always looked like we would win the game. Paul Rabberts came in at number six and did a great job, while Danny Fox and Billy Paine stepped up from the second team and produced outstanding performances."
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Royston have a week off from league action on Saturday, but will travel to Stevenage for a friendly where they are expected to give first team experience to several of the club's second team players.