It’s victory – off the Cuff!
Royston 27pts Cuffley 0 ROYSTON returned to winning ways after last week s defeat against Wasps Amateurs. In a game they controlled for long periods, they went in 10-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Steve Bass try, which was converted by Michael Schurch, wh
Royston 27pts Cuffley 0
ROYSTON returned to winning ways after last week's defeat against Wasps Amateurs.
In a game they controlled for long periods, they went in 10-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Steve Bass try, which was converted by Michael Schurch, who also scored a penalty.
Further tries from Schurch, Chris Ball and Ian Bibbey - one of which was converted by Schurch - gave Royston the Herts/Middlesex League points.
"It was a good win, especially after we'd lost to Wasps last week," said captain Steve Clay.
"We always looked like we would win the game. Paul Rabberts came in at number six and did a great job, while Danny Fox and Billy Paine stepped up from the second team and produced outstanding performances."
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Royston have a week off from league action on Saturday, but will travel to Stevenage for a friendly where they are expected to give first team experience to several of the club's second team players.