It’s victory – off the Cuff!
Royston 27pts Cuffley 0 ROYSTON returned to winning ways after last week s defeat against Wasps Amateurs. In a game they controlled for long periods, they went in 10-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Steve Bass try, which was converted by Michael Schurch, wh
Royston 27pts Cuffley 0
ROYSTON returned to winning ways after last week's defeat against Wasps Amateurs.
In a game they controlled for long periods, they went in 10-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Steve Bass try, which was converted by Michael Schurch, who also scored a penalty.
Further tries from Schurch, Chris Ball and Ian Bibbey - one of which was converted by Schurch - gave Royston the Herts/Middlesex League points.
"It was a good win, especially after we'd lost to Wasps last week," said captain Steve Clay.
"We always looked like we would win the game. Paul Rabberts came in at number six and did a great job, while Danny Fox and Billy Paine stepped up from the second team and produced outstanding performances."
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
Royston have a week off from league action on Saturday, but will travel to Stevenage for a friendly where they are expected to give first team experience to several of the club's second team players.