It’s tough going for Steeple
Steeple Morden Res 2 Fulbourn Institute A 6 STEEPLE Morden suffered a league setback on Saturday, going down at home to a youthful Fulbourn Institute side. It took Fulbourn just 15 minutes to open their account, when Charlie Hall s strike left the hosts
Steeple Morden Res 2 Fulbourn Institute A 6
STEEPLE Morden suffered a league setback on Saturday, going down at home to a youthful Fulbourn Institute side.
It took Fulbourn just 15 minutes to open their account, when Charlie Hall's strike left the hosts' keeper with little chance.
Andrew Negus then doubled the visitors' score three minutes later, as Steeple struggled to get to grips with Fulbourn's pace.
You may also want to watch:
However, Steeple began to carve out their own chances, and halved the deficit with a well-crafted goal.
Martin Holt picked the ball up out on the right, cut inside, and placed an inch-perfect pass for left winger Jason Clark to smash low to the goalkeeper's left.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
However, the visitors soon restored their two-goal advantage when the free-scoring Joe Bidwell fired home just before the break.
Shortly after the interval though, the arrears were reduced once more when Jason Clark crossed from the left for Mark Thorp to deftly head the ball past the advancing Fulbourn keeper.
But the visitors soon hit back with three quick goals, through Negus, Bidwell, and Edward Clark, who hit a superb 35-yard strike, killing Steeple's hopes.