It’s tough going for Steeple
Steeple Morden Res 2 Fulbourn Institute A 6 STEEPLE Morden suffered a league setback on Saturday, going down at home to a youthful Fulbourn Institute side. It took Fulbourn just 15 minutes to open their account, when Charlie Hall s strike left the hosts
Steeple Morden Res 2 Fulbourn Institute A 6
STEEPLE Morden suffered a league setback on Saturday, going down at home to a youthful Fulbourn Institute side.
It took Fulbourn just 15 minutes to open their account, when Charlie Hall's strike left the hosts' keeper with little chance.
Andrew Negus then doubled the visitors' score three minutes later, as Steeple struggled to get to grips with Fulbourn's pace.
However, Steeple began to carve out their own chances, and halved the deficit with a well-crafted goal.
Martin Holt picked the ball up out on the right, cut inside, and placed an inch-perfect pass for left winger Jason Clark to smash low to the goalkeeper's left.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 7 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
However, the visitors soon restored their two-goal advantage when the free-scoring Joe Bidwell fired home just before the break.
Shortly after the interval though, the arrears were reduced once more when Jason Clark crossed from the left for Mark Thorp to deftly head the ball past the advancing Fulbourn keeper.
But the visitors soon hit back with three quick goals, through Negus, Bidwell, and Edward Clark, who hit a superb 35-yard strike, killing Steeple's hopes.