It’s one to forget for Melbourn
Fulbourn Institute A 18 Melbourn Res 1 IT was not a good weekend for Melbourn Reserves as four early goals set Fulbourn on their way in a match to forget. In what was an unbelievably one-sided affair, the game was all over inside four minutes when the h
Fulbourn Institute A 18 Melbourn Res 1
IT was not a good weekend for Melbourn Reserves as four early goals set Fulbourn on their way in a match to forget.
In what was an unbelievably one-sided affair, the game was all over inside four minutes when the hosts fired in four goals.
And as the Melbourn heads dropped, Fulbourn added another four before half time.
However, Stephen Edwards restored a brief moment of pride in the second half when his excellent header found the back of the Fulbourn net after a fine cross from his brother Andy.
But the hosts' youth and skill kicked in once more as things got embarrassing for the visitors, with Fulbourn scoring at will.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Melbourn could have snatched a second late on when Jono Hargrave's header came back off the bar, and Russell Cooper went close with the rebound.