It’s one to forget for Melbourn
Fulbourn Institute A 18 Melbourn Res 1 IT was not a good weekend for Melbourn Reserves as four early goals set Fulbourn on their way in a match to forget. In what was an unbelievably one-sided affair, the game was all over inside four minutes when the h
Fulbourn Institute A 18 Melbourn Res 1
IT was not a good weekend for Melbourn Reserves as four early goals set Fulbourn on their way in a match to forget.
In what was an unbelievably one-sided affair, the game was all over inside four minutes when the hosts fired in four goals.
And as the Melbourn heads dropped, Fulbourn added another four before half time.
You may also want to watch:
However, Stephen Edwards restored a brief moment of pride in the second half when his excellent header found the back of the Fulbourn net after a fine cross from his brother Andy.
But the hosts' youth and skill kicked in once more as things got embarrassing for the visitors, with Fulbourn scoring at will.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Melbourn could have snatched a second late on when Jono Hargrave's header came back off the bar, and Russell Cooper went close with the rebound.