It’s Irish at the double for JM
JM Sports 2 Comberton Res 1 JM Sports maintained their winning start to the season with three more points against a solid, young Comberton on Saturday. It was not the best start for the home side, and when they found themselves trailing inside 10 minute
JM Sports 2
Comberton Res 1
JM Sports maintained their winning start to the season with three more points against a solid, young Comberton on Saturday.
It was not the best start for the home side, and when they found themselves trailing inside 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However, after overcoming Comberton's three-pronged attack, the JM midfield started to get the upper hand, with former Royston Town player Jason Nash in inspiring form in the centre of the park.
Tommy Yates and Andy Kirkpatrick were also in good form as JM's dominance grew. In the second half the hosts came out stronger and gave their opponents even less time on the ball.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
JM then pulled level on the hour, with Curtis Irish taking advantage of some poor defending to slot home and settle the nerves.
At the other end Adam Whelan pulled off two stunning saves to keep Comberton out.
With full-backs Alex Oram and Adrian Smith also joining the attack, it was only a matter of time before JM snatched a winner.
And that goal came with 10 minutes left, Irish hitting the target once more with another well-taken finish.