It's goals galore for Royston
Royston II 6 March Town 1 FOLLOWING last week s 1-1 draw with Letchworth, Royston stepped up a gear and claimed a 6-1 victory against March Town. Darren Hicks opened the scoring with a coolly converted finish before Mark Jacobs crossed for Chris Watson f
Royston II 6 March Town 1
FOLLOWING last week's 1-1 draw with Letchworth, Royston stepped up a gear and claimed a 6-1 victory against March Town.
Darren Hicks opened the scoring with a coolly converted finish before Mark Jacobs crossed for Chris Watson for number two.
Nick Broadley then released Nathan Sugden to make it 3-0, before Broadley set up Watson for his second and Royston's fourth.
A second half resurgence saw the visitors on the attack, however Mark Clifford and man-of-the-match Steve Priest remained in control at the back.
Watson then slipped in Hicks who delivered goal number five, with Jacobs crashing in six from the edge of the D.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 7 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 8 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
With the game drawing to a close, Royston began to tire, with March snatching a late consolation.
Royston III 5 Harlow 1
DOMINATING from start to finish, Royston were rewarded with a fine victory over rivals Harlow.
Nathan Capay tapped home an early opener, but Harlow levelled midway through the first half.
Royston responded well after the break and began to find their feet once more with Paul Visagie restoring the hosts' lead.
A fine move then saw Nick Freeman dispatch goal number three, before Arnie Whittaker's angled strike found the back of the Harlow net.
The rout was completed when Callum Weir's rebounded strike was followed up by the lively James Arnold.
Royston V 5 Hertford 1
ROYSTON opened their new league season with a convincing win over visitors Hertford.
They took the lead through Paul Bloomfield, who then set up Richard Bowen for number two, and Keith Markham made it 3-0 just before half-time.
Bowen made it four, and though Hertford pulled one back, he then completed his hat-trick.
Royston Ladies II 3 Stevenage 0
ROYSTON warmed up for their new league season with a convincing win.
Sarah Farmer's powerful run was finished off by a confident Sarah Warren strike, and Farmer added a well-taken second.
McKay and Fidell shone in the Royston defence, with Perry adding a third.