It's goals galore for Royston
Royston II 6 March Town 1 FOLLOWING last week s 1-1 draw with Letchworth, Royston stepped up a gear and claimed a 6-1 victory against March Town. Darren Hicks opened the scoring with a coolly converted finish before Mark Jacobs crossed for Chris Watson f
Royston II 6 March Town 1
FOLLOWING last week's 1-1 draw with Letchworth, Royston stepped up a gear and claimed a 6-1 victory against March Town.
Darren Hicks opened the scoring with a coolly converted finish before Mark Jacobs crossed for Chris Watson for number two.
Nick Broadley then released Nathan Sugden to make it 3-0, before Broadley set up Watson for his second and Royston's fourth.
You may also want to watch:
A second half resurgence saw the visitors on the attack, however Mark Clifford and man-of-the-match Steve Priest remained in control at the back.
Watson then slipped in Hicks who delivered goal number five, with Jacobs crashing in six from the edge of the D.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
With the game drawing to a close, Royston began to tire, with March snatching a late consolation.
Royston III 5 Harlow 1
DOMINATING from start to finish, Royston were rewarded with a fine victory over rivals Harlow.
Nathan Capay tapped home an early opener, but Harlow levelled midway through the first half.
Royston responded well after the break and began to find their feet once more with Paul Visagie restoring the hosts' lead.
A fine move then saw Nick Freeman dispatch goal number three, before Arnie Whittaker's angled strike found the back of the Harlow net.
The rout was completed when Callum Weir's rebounded strike was followed up by the lively James Arnold.
Royston V 5 Hertford 1
ROYSTON opened their new league season with a convincing win over visitors Hertford.
They took the lead through Paul Bloomfield, who then set up Richard Bowen for number two, and Keith Markham made it 3-0 just before half-time.
Bowen made it four, and though Hertford pulled one back, he then completed his hat-trick.
Royston Ladies II 3 Stevenage 0
ROYSTON warmed up for their new league season with a convincing win.
Sarah Farmer's powerful run was finished off by a confident Sarah Warren strike, and Farmer added a well-taken second.
McKay and Fidell shone in the Royston defence, with Perry adding a third.