It’s goals galore as Barrington ease in
CHRIS BOOTE MEMORIAL TROPHY Barrington 8 Meldreth 1 Barrington got off to a flying start in their game with Meldreth. They have already reached the Bambridge Cup Final and Foster Cup semi-final, and have been in fine form, and it did not take long
CHRIS BOOTE MEMORIAL TROPHY
Barrington 8 Meldreth 1
Barrington got off to a flying start in their game with Meldreth.
They have already reached the Bambridge Cup Final and Foster Cup semi-final, and have been in fine form, and it did not take long for them to find their scoring boots.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Chadwick opened their account, and Shane Isles and Andy Bell made it three by half- time.
Barrington added two more quick goals through Steve Fakes, who stroked home a penalty and a 25-yard cracker.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
Paul Lochead added two of his own, before Meldreth snatched a consolation through a Phil Baker own goal.
However, there was still time for Barrington top-scorer Chad Carter-Woodrow to fire home goal number eight and round off a highly convincing win.
Fowlmere 0 Metals 1
A PAUL Stokes strike was enough to send Metals through to the semi-final and set up an entertaining encounter with Barrington.
The winner of last night's game between Melbourn and AFC Rock, will face the winners of tonight's (Thursday) match between Cambourne Rovers and Foxton.