It’s goals galore as Barrington ease in
CHRIS BOOTE MEMORIAL TROPHY Barrington 8 Meldreth 1 Barrington got off to a flying start in their game with Meldreth. They have already reached the Bambridge Cup Final and Foster Cup semi-final, and have been in fine form, and it did not take long
CHRIS BOOTE MEMORIAL TROPHY
Barrington 8 Meldreth 1
Barrington got off to a flying start in their game with Meldreth.
They have already reached the Bambridge Cup Final and Foster Cup semi-final, and have been in fine form, and it did not take long for them to find their scoring boots.
Carl Chadwick opened their account, and Shane Isles and Andy Bell made it three by half- time.
Barrington added two more quick goals through Steve Fakes, who stroked home a penalty and a 25-yard cracker.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
Paul Lochead added two of his own, before Meldreth snatched a consolation through a Phil Baker own goal.
However, there was still time for Barrington top-scorer Chad Carter-Woodrow to fire home goal number eight and round off a highly convincing win.
Fowlmere 0 Metals 1
A PAUL Stokes strike was enough to send Metals through to the semi-final and set up an entertaining encounter with Barrington.
The winner of last night's game between Melbourn and AFC Rock, will face the winners of tonight's (Thursday) match between Cambourne Rovers and Foxton.