It’s goals galore as Barrington ease in
CHRIS BOOTE MEMORIAL TROPHY Barrington 8 Meldreth 1 Barrington got off to a flying start in their game with Meldreth. They have already reached the Bambridge Cup Final and Foster Cup semi-final, and have been in fine form, and it did not take long
CHRIS BOOTE MEMORIAL TROPHY
Barrington 8 Meldreth 1
Barrington got off to a flying start in their game with Meldreth.
They have already reached the Bambridge Cup Final and Foster Cup semi-final, and have been in fine form, and it did not take long for them to find their scoring boots.
Carl Chadwick opened their account, and Shane Isles and Andy Bell made it three by half- time.
Barrington added two more quick goals through Steve Fakes, who stroked home a penalty and a 25-yard cracker.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Paul Lochead added two of his own, before Meldreth snatched a consolation through a Phil Baker own goal.
However, there was still time for Barrington top-scorer Chad Carter-Woodrow to fire home goal number eight and round off a highly convincing win.
Fowlmere 0 Metals 1
A PAUL Stokes strike was enough to send Metals through to the semi-final and set up an entertaining encounter with Barrington.
The winner of last night's game between Melbourn and AFC Rock, will face the winners of tonight's (Thursday) match between Cambourne Rovers and Foxton.