It’s glory time for Greneway and Meridian
THE North Herts Schools Athletics Championships were held at the Ridlins Stadium last week and Greneway/Meridian came away with a record five team championships, one of the best performances by a school. There were 12 golds, eight silvers, 11 bronze med
THE North Herts Schools' Athletics Championships were held at the Ridlins Stadium last week and Greneway/Meridian came away with a record five team championships, one of the best performances by a school.
There were 12 golds, eight silvers, 11 bronze medals, and many top six places, as well as a large number of personal bests .
These individual successes then combined to bring to Royston the following team championships: Year 7 boys, Year 7 girls, combined Year 7, Year 8/9 combined and Year 10/11 combined.
The latter was particularly pleasing as the team comprised only Year 10 pupils from Meridian.
You may also want to watch:
Overall the Greneway/Meridian partnership was incredibly successful, once again putting talented athletes from Royston firmly on the map in this prestigious, high quality competition.
The followingg athletes took first place in their events: E Sayers, Tom Higton, E Lane J Tillmouth, N Addison, A Armstrong, T Fynn, Corey Hill, Ben Jackson, Cameron Webb, S Crosk and L Aggett.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash