It’s glory time for Greneway and Meridian
THE North Herts Schools Athletics Championships were held at the Ridlins Stadium last week and Greneway/Meridian came away with a record five team championships, one of the best performances by a school. There were 12 golds, eight silvers, 11 bronze med
THE North Herts Schools' Athletics Championships were held at the Ridlins Stadium last week and Greneway/Meridian came away with a record five team championships, one of the best performances by a school.
There were 12 golds, eight silvers, 11 bronze medals, and many top six places, as well as a large number of personal bests .
These individual successes then combined to bring to Royston the following team championships: Year 7 boys, Year 7 girls, combined Year 7, Year 8/9 combined and Year 10/11 combined.
The latter was particularly pleasing as the team comprised only Year 10 pupils from Meridian.
You may also want to watch:
Overall the Greneway/Meridian partnership was incredibly successful, once again putting talented athletes from Royston firmly on the map in this prestigious, high quality competition.
The followingg athletes took first place in their events: E Sayers, Tom Higton, E Lane J Tillmouth, N Addison, A Armstrong, T Fynn, Corey Hill, Ben Jackson, Cameron Webb, S Crosk and L Aggett.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes