It’s double delight for busy Vets
IN a busy week for Royston Town Vets, playing two games in six days, The Crows came away with two comfortable victories. Royston saw off a strong Cambridge Vets side with an emphatic 4-0 win, courtesy of debutant Ian Gill s double, and one each from Pau
IN a busy week for Royston Town Vets, playing two games in six days, The Crows came away with two comfortable victories.
Royston saw off a strong Cambridge Vets side with an emphatic 4-0 win, courtesy of debutant Ian Gill's double, and one each from Paul Lewis and Kevin Barthrop.
And following on from that impressive victory, Royston then ran out comfortable 3-1 winners against Therfield-based Fox and Duck Vets.
Daryl Quinn gave The Crows the lead midway through the first half, with Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden also going close for a second.
At the other end Paul Mechen and Paul Whiffen went close for the visitors.
Dave Cooper then put Town further ahead, when a cross from the left deceived the visiting defence with Cooper rolling the ball home.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
Town dominated the second half, with the Fox and Duck keeper Neil Hardman keeping the score down with a number of vital stops.
Lewis created a number of chances for the hosts, only to see Hardman thwart him time and again.
However, Lewis had the last laugh when he fired home Royston's third with a confident penalty.
A determined and spirited Fox and Duck pulled one back, with Whiffin driving the ball home in the final minute.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Stubbs, Cooper, Cannon, Bowers, Quinn, Holden, Silenti, Lewis, Gill, Barthrop, Humphries, McArthur, Allen, Jackson.
* On Sunday Royston Town Vets make the short trip to Ashwell Vets, 10.30am.