It’s double delight for busy Vets
IN a busy week for Royston Town Vets, playing two games in six days, The Crows came away with two comfortable victories. Royston saw off a strong Cambridge Vets side with an emphatic 4-0 win, courtesy of debutant Ian Gill s double, and one each from Pau
IN a busy week for Royston Town Vets, playing two games in six days, The Crows came away with two comfortable victories.
Royston saw off a strong Cambridge Vets side with an emphatic 4-0 win, courtesy of debutant Ian Gill's double, and one each from Paul Lewis and Kevin Barthrop.
And following on from that impressive victory, Royston then ran out comfortable 3-1 winners against Therfield-based Fox and Duck Vets.
Daryl Quinn gave The Crows the lead midway through the first half, with Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden also going close for a second.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Paul Mechen and Paul Whiffen went close for the visitors.
Dave Cooper then put Town further ahead, when a cross from the left deceived the visiting defence with Cooper rolling the ball home.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Town dominated the second half, with the Fox and Duck keeper Neil Hardman keeping the score down with a number of vital stops.
Lewis created a number of chances for the hosts, only to see Hardman thwart him time and again.
However, Lewis had the last laugh when he fired home Royston's third with a confident penalty.
A determined and spirited Fox and Duck pulled one back, with Whiffin driving the ball home in the final minute.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Stubbs, Cooper, Cannon, Bowers, Quinn, Holden, Silenti, Lewis, Gill, Barthrop, Humphries, McArthur, Allen, Jackson.
* On Sunday Royston Town Vets make the short trip to Ashwell Vets, 10.30am.