It's Collinson on countback
THE GRANTA Rummer, the sixth event of the Heydon Grange order of merit, took place at the weekend. The event is played in a format which allows golfers to select just three clubs and a putter to take on to the course. Chris Collinson was declared the winn
THE GRANTA Rummer, the sixth event of the Heydon Grange order of merit, took place at the weekend.
The event is played in a format which allows golfers to select just three clubs and a putter to take on to the course.
Chris Collinson was declared the winner on countback, a victory which takes him up to seventh in the standings, with 14 points.
Bob Starr, who came second in the event, is still the overall leader with 21 points.
You may also want to watch:
An away fixture at Menzies or Cromwell now awaits Heydon Ladies Golf team after they beat Royston in the Grace Norman Cup.
The competition, which is the ladies' equivalent of the men's Jock Stewart, was last won by Heydon in 2005 and four of the that successful team were on hand to guide them into the second round.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Tina Broadley paired with new member Gloria Carse played Royston's Jenny McQuigan and Pam Bennett and won a hard- fought battle which went all the way to the 19th hole.
Former Royston member Roz McKenzie and partner Jean Black had a more comfortable win over Jenny Jarvis and Val Squires 4 and 3, and current ladies captain Linda Williams, partnering Mai Smallman, had the opportunity to edge another close match to complete the sweep. However, playing the last all square, Royston finally had some luck to win the hole with a par.
This Sunday sees Heydon's Annual Captain's Shoot Out.
The competition copies the US PGA Tours Cannon Shoot Out, and former captain Trevor Clifton will be out to defend his title. The action starts at 2pm.