It's Collinson on countback
THE GRANTA Rummer, the sixth event of the Heydon Grange order of merit, took place at the weekend. The event is played in a format which allows golfers to select just three clubs and a putter to take on to the course. Chris Collinson was declared the winn
THE GRANTA Rummer, the sixth event of the Heydon Grange order of merit, took place at the weekend.
The event is played in a format which allows golfers to select just three clubs and a putter to take on to the course.
Chris Collinson was declared the winner on countback, a victory which takes him up to seventh in the standings, with 14 points.
Bob Starr, who came second in the event, is still the overall leader with 21 points.
You may also want to watch:
An away fixture at Menzies or Cromwell now awaits Heydon Ladies Golf team after they beat Royston in the Grace Norman Cup.
The competition, which is the ladies' equivalent of the men's Jock Stewart, was last won by Heydon in 2005 and four of the that successful team were on hand to guide them into the second round.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Tina Broadley paired with new member Gloria Carse played Royston's Jenny McQuigan and Pam Bennett and won a hard- fought battle which went all the way to the 19th hole.
Former Royston member Roz McKenzie and partner Jean Black had a more comfortable win over Jenny Jarvis and Val Squires 4 and 3, and current ladies captain Linda Williams, partnering Mai Smallman, had the opportunity to edge another close match to complete the sweep. However, playing the last all square, Royston finally had some luck to win the hole with a par.
This Sunday sees Heydon's Annual Captain's Shoot Out.
The competition copies the US PGA Tours Cannon Shoot Out, and former captain Trevor Clifton will be out to defend his title. The action starts at 2pm.