It’s all White now for Cougars
Albion Youth 0 Buntingford Cougars Whites 5 AN Albion Youth own goal was the first of five that Cougars Whites knocked in during a one-sided first half. Joe Dutton bagged a brace with Zach Hine and Jack Hart also getting on the scoresheet. Albion
Albion Youth 0 Buntingford Cougars Whites 5
AN Albion Youth own goal was the first of five that Cougars Whites knocked in during a one-sided first half.
Joe Dutton bagged a brace with Zach Hine and Jack Hart also getting on the scoresheet.
Albion stepped up a gear after the break and were able to match Cougars in both defence and attack such that no more goals were forthcoming.
Cougars did manage to hit the back of the net right on full-time but unfortunately seconds after the final whistle.
- Cougars under-eights had two good games on Saturday against Fairlands Youth. Goals from Jack McMeechan and Sam Ward gave the Blues a 2-1 win, while the Whites lost 2-0 with Jamie McKinna as man of the match.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
Baldock Town Lancers U-13 1 Buntingford Cougars Whites 3
COUGARS were unable to produce their recent form but still managed a win.
The Baldock defence were well drilled and made it difficult for the cougars forwards. However, Oliver Lee- Stevens got Cougars in front.
Minutes later Cougars conceded a penalty and although keeper Michael Hardy pulled off a great save he was unable to stop the penalty taker get the rebound.
Joe Pemberton scored soon after that to make it 2-1 at half time. In the second half Bradley Miller latched onto a Lee-Stevens cross turned and finished superbly to seal the points.
Hitchin Wymondley Park U-13 0 Buntingford Cougars Blues 2
THE visitors were slow to start and were forced to defend in the early stages of this game.
However they soon began to push forward and create chances several of which were wasted.
Jonathon Peck put them ahead when his long-range shot was deflected past the home keeper.
Hitchin pressed for the equaliser in the second half but the Blues defended well and always looked dangerous on the counter-attack.
Luke Reed broke with the ball from a Hitchin corner and calmly slotted the ball home to give the Cougars a deserved win.
- The under-12s played out an entertaining encounter against table toppers Fairlands that resulted in a 3-3 draw.
Scott Caine scored his first of the season, followed by Danny Skipp and Ollie Dent. Lewis Fitzgerald, Jonathan Bowell and Harry Simmonds all had a cracking game.