It’s all White now for Cougars
Albion Youth 0 Buntingford Cougars Whites 5 AN Albion Youth own goal was the first of five that Cougars Whites knocked in during a one-sided first half. Joe Dutton bagged a brace with Zach Hine and Jack Hart also getting on the scoresheet. Albion
Albion Youth 0 Buntingford Cougars Whites 5
AN Albion Youth own goal was the first of five that Cougars Whites knocked in during a one-sided first half.
Joe Dutton bagged a brace with Zach Hine and Jack Hart also getting on the scoresheet.
Albion stepped up a gear after the break and were able to match Cougars in both defence and attack such that no more goals were forthcoming.
You may also want to watch:
Cougars did manage to hit the back of the net right on full-time but unfortunately seconds after the final whistle.
- Cougars under-eights had two good games on Saturday against Fairlands Youth. Goals from Jack McMeechan and Sam Ward gave the Blues a 2-1 win, while the Whites lost 2-0 with Jamie McKinna as man of the match.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Baldock Town Lancers U-13 1 Buntingford Cougars Whites 3
COUGARS were unable to produce their recent form but still managed a win.
The Baldock defence were well drilled and made it difficult for the cougars forwards. However, Oliver Lee- Stevens got Cougars in front.
Minutes later Cougars conceded a penalty and although keeper Michael Hardy pulled off a great save he was unable to stop the penalty taker get the rebound.
Joe Pemberton scored soon after that to make it 2-1 at half time. In the second half Bradley Miller latched onto a Lee-Stevens cross turned and finished superbly to seal the points.
Hitchin Wymondley Park U-13 0 Buntingford Cougars Blues 2
THE visitors were slow to start and were forced to defend in the early stages of this game.
However they soon began to push forward and create chances several of which were wasted.
Jonathon Peck put them ahead when his long-range shot was deflected past the home keeper.
Hitchin pressed for the equaliser in the second half but the Blues defended well and always looked dangerous on the counter-attack.
Luke Reed broke with the ball from a Hitchin corner and calmly slotted the ball home to give the Cougars a deserved win.
- The under-12s played out an entertaining encounter against table toppers Fairlands that resulted in a 3-3 draw.
Scott Caine scored his first of the season, followed by Danny Skipp and Ollie Dent. Lewis Fitzgerald, Jonathan Bowell and Harry Simmonds all had a cracking game.