It’s a win double as Royston cruise home
Royston bowlers were well represented in the Letchworth & District Finals, with Matt Coppen and Peter Adams winning the pairs. Coppen and Adams saw off Baldock s Alan Cross and Brian Leadley in convincing style with a 28-10 win. Royston also secured a
Royston bowlers were well represented in the Letchworth & District Finals, with Matt Coppen and Peter Adams winning the pairs.
Coppen and Adams saw off Baldock's Alan Cross and Brian Leadley in convincing style with a 28-10 win.
Royston also secured a win in the triples final, with Len Paine, Mick O'Flanagan and Peter Adams registering an easy victory over Paul Andrews' Whitehorn team.
However, O'Flanagan could not continue his winning form in the singles final, although he came very close.
You may also want to watch:
He forced his way back from 10 shots behind, but opponent Terry Ware from Whitehorn held on to win a tense 21-20 victory.
In the Meldreth & District League, Royston were edged into second place of the B Section, with Bassingbourn being crowned winners with 76 points - Royston finishing on a creditable 74.5 points.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Royston beat North Mymms 117-116 in a four-rink mixed fixture, and comprehensively defeated Eternit 129-68 in a four mixed triples match.
- Matt Coppen, Royston Bowls Club singles champion, will be presented with his British Isles Junior Singles, County Under-30 Singles and his County Under-25 Singles trophies at Letchworth Hall Hotel on Wednesday, November 14.