It’s a win double as Royston cruise home
Royston bowlers were well represented in the Letchworth & District Finals, with Matt Coppen and Peter Adams winning the pairs. Coppen and Adams saw off Baldock s Alan Cross and Brian Leadley in convincing style with a 28-10 win. Royston also secured a
Royston bowlers were well represented in the Letchworth & District Finals, with Matt Coppen and Peter Adams winning the pairs.
Coppen and Adams saw off Baldock's Alan Cross and Brian Leadley in convincing style with a 28-10 win.
Royston also secured a win in the triples final, with Len Paine, Mick O'Flanagan and Peter Adams registering an easy victory over Paul Andrews' Whitehorn team.
However, O'Flanagan could not continue his winning form in the singles final, although he came very close.
You may also want to watch:
He forced his way back from 10 shots behind, but opponent Terry Ware from Whitehorn held on to win a tense 21-20 victory.
In the Meldreth & District League, Royston were edged into second place of the B Section, with Bassingbourn being crowned winners with 76 points - Royston finishing on a creditable 74.5 points.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
Royston beat North Mymms 117-116 in a four-rink mixed fixture, and comprehensively defeated Eternit 129-68 in a four mixed triples match.
- Matt Coppen, Royston Bowls Club singles champion, will be presented with his British Isles Junior Singles, County Under-30 Singles and his County Under-25 Singles trophies at Letchworth Hall Hotel on Wednesday, November 14.