It’s a win double as Royston cruise home
Royston bowlers were well represented in the Letchworth & District Finals, with Matt Coppen and Peter Adams winning the pairs. Coppen and Adams saw off Baldock s Alan Cross and Brian Leadley in convincing style with a 28-10 win. Royston also secured a
Royston bowlers were well represented in the Letchworth & District Finals, with Matt Coppen and Peter Adams winning the pairs.
Coppen and Adams saw off Baldock's Alan Cross and Brian Leadley in convincing style with a 28-10 win.
Royston also secured a win in the triples final, with Len Paine, Mick O'Flanagan and Peter Adams registering an easy victory over Paul Andrews' Whitehorn team.
However, O'Flanagan could not continue his winning form in the singles final, although he came very close.
He forced his way back from 10 shots behind, but opponent Terry Ware from Whitehorn held on to win a tense 21-20 victory.
In the Meldreth & District League, Royston were edged into second place of the B Section, with Bassingbourn being crowned winners with 76 points - Royston finishing on a creditable 74.5 points.
- 1 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 2 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
Royston beat North Mymms 117-116 in a four-rink mixed fixture, and comprehensively defeated Eternit 129-68 in a four mixed triples match.
- Matt Coppen, Royston Bowls Club singles champion, will be presented with his British Isles Junior Singles, County Under-30 Singles and his County Under-25 Singles trophies at Letchworth Hall Hotel on Wednesday, November 14.