It’s a record double for Armstrong
AYRRON Armstrong beat the conditions to set two new track records in Greneway School s sportsday finals. The talented sprinter chalked up an impressive 12.12 seconds in the 100m and then recorded a time of 26 secs in the 200m. Head of PE Terry Graves sa
AYRRON Armstrong beat the conditions to set two new track records in Greneway School's sportsday finals.
The talented sprinter chalked up an impressive 12.12 seconds in the 100m and then recorded a time of 26 secs in the 200m.
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "We were privileged to see some great races in all distances. Unfortunately, the weather made the track soft and therefore very slow for sprinting.
"This was particularly disappointing because the school is blessed with many quality athletes, and many of the school records some of which are of national standards looked vulnerable.
"However, the weather didn't dampen the enthusiasm and there were still a number of personal bests and some thrilling races."
Armstrong's time was made even more remarkable considering the track was grass and the rain had made the ground soft and slow.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 7 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Amy Cooper of Year 6, also set new school records in the girls 150m final with a time of 22.50 secs and a distance of 4.20m in the long jump.
Emmie Ward set a Year 5 girls' record in the high jump with a 1.32m, while Sam Edney set a 300m record in the Year 5 boys final with a time of 50.68 secs.