It all works out in the mix!
Letchworth III 10 Royston II 22 IT was derby day success for Royston with a hatful of tries condemning neighbours Letchworth. With a good mix of older and young players, Royston were quickly out of the blocks as the two Retsema brothers ran riot down th
Letchworth III 10 Royston II 22
IT was derby day success for Royston with a hatful of tries condemning neighbours Letchworth.
With a good mix of older and young players, Royston were quickly out of the blocks as the two Retsema brothers ran riot down the wings.
Fly-half Will Cottrell sprayed the passes with his darting runs, and his long-range touch kicks also caused problems.
You may also want to watch:
Then came Royston's first try as Paul Dacey collected the ball from Cottrell, and after making good ground, he flipped the ball on to Dave Howell who in turn passed it on to Dave Rice to run over, Cottrell converting.
And they should have had a few more in the spell of play that followed, with last- minute tackles and silly infringements allowing Letchworth some breathing space.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
However, Royston's second try soon came very soon and after a collapsed maul close to the Letchworth line, Paul Dacey strolled over for a further five points.
Letchworth retaliated, and as a result of some poor Crows tackling, the hosts waltzed through for their first try of the game.
It was not until the final quarter that Royston's third try was scored, which saw Colin Letch cut back in on the onrushing defence to lunge for the line to score his sixth try of the season.
A previous penalty and a conversion by Colin Dacey put the game beyond doubt, before Letchworth grabbed a late second try.
Royston: Nesbitt, Howell, Highland, Phillips, Rice, Hillman, Crow, Letch, C Dacey, W Cottrell, B Retsema, Crook, Spragg, D Retsema, P Dacey. (Subs): Wilson, J Cottrell.