Injury woe for Royston
Royston III 1 Vauxhall II 5 A FRACTURED cheekbone for Pete Belcher marred an exciting league game for Royston on Saturday. Royston were without their inspirational vice-captain, Colin Smith, but retained Visage from the previous week and brought Jameison
Royston III 1 Vauxhall II 5
A FRACTURED cheekbone for Pete Belcher marred an exciting league game for Royston on Saturday.
Royston were without their inspirational vice-captain, Colin Smith, but retained Visage from the previous week and brought Jameison in.
Vauxhall started hard but were contained by Royston in the early stages. Vauxhall were first to score.
You may also want to watch:
Royston pulled back the score to 1-1 but there then followed an incident where Belcher was hit in the face by a stick.
He left the pitch with a deep cut just below the left eye and was taken to hospital, where he was diagnosed as having broken his cheek.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
By half time the score stood at 2-1, but Royston came out for the second half and throughout made some very good moves down the right with Sam Polge, Michael Welding, Simon Campbell and Paul Bloomfield linking well.
Visage had a several efforts miss closely, likewise from Bateman and Bloomfield, but Vauxhall were quick on the break and despite some hard work by Matt Brunt, Dan Taylor, Mike Parsons, Josh Jameison and Gary Pinner in goal they could not be held and the final result was a score of 5-1.
Royston should not be too disappointed in this result as overall the team played extremely well under the circumstances.