Injury hit Panthers go down to Hitchin
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3 An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday. With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves maki
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3
An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday.
With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves making some fantastic saves.
With Jordan also unwell, Patrick suffering from cramp, and Lewis with a bleeding nose, Knebworth were a much weakened team.
You may also want to watch:
Although Knebworth had the majority of possession, Hitchin benefited from several free-kicks being awarded their way in the first half and managed to convert three of these leaving Knebworth shaken at half-time.
The second half was played at great speed, Hitchin trying to slow the game down, but Knebworth were not having it and it wasn't long before a brilliant cross from Casey found Jack free and a great finish reduced the arrears.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
With Knebworth back in the running, the team kept Hitchin's 'keeper very busy and he kept them in the game as Hitchin's back four were broken down and conceded free kicks, corners and throws.
Pushing everyone forward, Jaz was a fantastic sweeper, holding the back line, picking everything up and working well with keeper Grant to get the ball back in Hitchin's half.
Knebworth carved out several opportunities but the ball was not going to cross the line.