Injury hit Panthers go down to Hitchin
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3 An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday. With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves maki
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3
An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday.
With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves making some fantastic saves.
With Jordan also unwell, Patrick suffering from cramp, and Lewis with a bleeding nose, Knebworth were a much weakened team.
Although Knebworth had the majority of possession, Hitchin benefited from several free-kicks being awarded their way in the first half and managed to convert three of these leaving Knebworth shaken at half-time.
The second half was played at great speed, Hitchin trying to slow the game down, but Knebworth were not having it and it wasn't long before a brilliant cross from Casey found Jack free and a great finish reduced the arrears.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
With Knebworth back in the running, the team kept Hitchin's 'keeper very busy and he kept them in the game as Hitchin's back four were broken down and conceded free kicks, corners and throws.
Pushing everyone forward, Jaz was a fantastic sweeper, holding the back line, picking everything up and working well with keeper Grant to get the ball back in Hitchin's half.
Knebworth carved out several opportunities but the ball was not going to cross the line.