Injury hit Panthers go down to Hitchin
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3 An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday. With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves maki
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3
An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday.
With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves making some fantastic saves.
With Jordan also unwell, Patrick suffering from cramp, and Lewis with a bleeding nose, Knebworth were a much weakened team.
You may also want to watch:
Although Knebworth had the majority of possession, Hitchin benefited from several free-kicks being awarded their way in the first half and managed to convert three of these leaving Knebworth shaken at half-time.
The second half was played at great speed, Hitchin trying to slow the game down, but Knebworth were not having it and it wasn't long before a brilliant cross from Casey found Jack free and a great finish reduced the arrears.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
With Knebworth back in the running, the team kept Hitchin's 'keeper very busy and he kept them in the game as Hitchin's back four were broken down and conceded free kicks, corners and throws.
Pushing everyone forward, Jaz was a fantastic sweeper, holding the back line, picking everything up and working well with keeper Grant to get the ball back in Hitchin's half.
Knebworth carved out several opportunities but the ball was not going to cross the line.