Injury hit Panthers go down to Hitchin
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3 An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday. With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves maki
Knebworth Youth Panthers 1 Hitchin Youth 3
An injury-plagued Knebworth Youth Panthers team went down to defeat against Hitchin Youth on Sunday.
With regular goalkeeper Sam unavailable due to a shoulder injury, Grant volunteered and took the gloves making some fantastic saves.
With Jordan also unwell, Patrick suffering from cramp, and Lewis with a bleeding nose, Knebworth were a much weakened team.
Although Knebworth had the majority of possession, Hitchin benefited from several free-kicks being awarded their way in the first half and managed to convert three of these leaving Knebworth shaken at half-time.
The second half was played at great speed, Hitchin trying to slow the game down, but Knebworth were not having it and it wasn't long before a brilliant cross from Casey found Jack free and a great finish reduced the arrears.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
With Knebworth back in the running, the team kept Hitchin's 'keeper very busy and he kept them in the game as Hitchin's back four were broken down and conceded free kicks, corners and throws.
Pushing everyone forward, Jaz was a fantastic sweeper, holding the back line, picking everything up and working well with keeper Grant to get the ball back in Hitchin's half.
Knebworth carved out several opportunities but the ball was not going to cross the line.