Incredible bowling show by Moynihan
TIM Moynihan took a fantastic six wickets for no runs as Ashwell tore apart Milton IIs on Saturday.
Milton made a steady start, having been put in to bat at Ashwell Recreation Ground.
However, tight bowling from Griffin (0-18) and Carling (0-17) made runs hard to come by.
At the 20 over drinks break the game was finely poised with Milton having reached 48-1.
At this point the ball was handed to Moynihan.
He proceeded to destroy the opposition with a masterclass in controlled seam bowling.
The batsmen were unable to find any answers to this devastating burst and within a short period of time the Milton innings ended with the scoreboard showing 67.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
The scorebook showed Moynihan with the stunning bowling figures of 6-0.
The Ashwell reply got off to a brisk start.
The batsmen punished any loose deliveries and, despite a scare with the loss of three quick wickets towards the end, coasted to home within 10 overs to secure the 20 points.