Incredible bowling show by Moynihan
TIM Moynihan took a fantastic six wickets for no runs as Ashwell tore apart Milton IIs on Saturday.
Milton made a steady start, having been put in to bat at Ashwell Recreation Ground.
However, tight bowling from Griffin (0-18) and Carling (0-17) made runs hard to come by.
At the 20 over drinks break the game was finely poised with Milton having reached 48-1.
At this point the ball was handed to Moynihan.
He proceeded to destroy the opposition with a masterclass in controlled seam bowling.
The batsmen were unable to find any answers to this devastating burst and within a short period of time the Milton innings ended with the scoreboard showing 67.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The scorebook showed Moynihan with the stunning bowling figures of 6-0.
The Ashwell reply got off to a brisk start.
The batsmen punished any loose deliveries and, despite a scare with the loss of three quick wickets towards the end, coasted to home within 10 overs to secure the 20 points.