Incredible bowling show by Moynihan
TIM Moynihan took a fantastic six wickets for no runs as Ashwell tore apart Milton IIs on Saturday.
Milton made a steady start, having been put in to bat at Ashwell Recreation Ground.
However, tight bowling from Griffin (0-18) and Carling (0-17) made runs hard to come by.
At the 20 over drinks break the game was finely poised with Milton having reached 48-1.
At this point the ball was handed to Moynihan.
You may also want to watch:
He proceeded to destroy the opposition with a masterclass in controlled seam bowling.
The batsmen were unable to find any answers to this devastating burst and within a short period of time the Milton innings ended with the scoreboard showing 67.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The scorebook showed Moynihan with the stunning bowling figures of 6-0.
The Ashwell reply got off to a brisk start.
The batsmen punished any loose deliveries and, despite a scare with the loss of three quick wickets towards the end, coasted to home within 10 overs to secure the 20 points.