Incredible bowling show by Moynihan
TIM Moynihan took a fantastic six wickets for no runs as Ashwell tore apart Milton IIs on Saturday.
Milton made a steady start, having been put in to bat at Ashwell Recreation Ground.
However, tight bowling from Griffin (0-18) and Carling (0-17) made runs hard to come by.
At the 20 over drinks break the game was finely poised with Milton having reached 48-1.
At this point the ball was handed to Moynihan.
You may also want to watch:
He proceeded to destroy the opposition with a masterclass in controlled seam bowling.
The batsmen were unable to find any answers to this devastating burst and within a short period of time the Milton innings ended with the scoreboard showing 67.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The scorebook showed Moynihan with the stunning bowling figures of 6-0.
The Ashwell reply got off to a brisk start.
The batsmen punished any loose deliveries and, despite a scare with the loss of three quick wickets towards the end, coasted to home within 10 overs to secure the 20 points.