In-form duo win Mixed Centenary Plate
CLUB vice captain Colin Swallow and partner Sheila Wood demolished a strong field to claim the Mixed Centenary Plate. The duo won with an impressive 37 stableford points, in the 17th year of the popular competition. Peter Dean s 76 less 13 handicap net
CLUB vice captain Colin Swallow and partner Sheila Wood demolished a strong field to claim the Mixed Centenary Plate.
The duo won with an impressive 37 stableford points, in the 17th year of the popular competition.
Peter Dean's 76 less 13 handicap net 63 was enough to see him lift the Hastings Cup 18-hole Handicap Medal, seeing off runner-up Sid Seward, 81 less 15 handicap, net 66.
Dean had dropped seven shots after 12 holes, but responded with a string of pars and a birdie on the 16th.
You may also want to watch:
Seward made similar progress on his first 12 holes and dropped only two shots to par in his last six holes, but it was not enough as Dean held on for the win.
Royston's seniors have also been in action with matches against Heydon Grange and Abbotsley.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
In their encounter with Heydon, the match was halved at three apiece, before Roy Wilson and John Nicholl kept their cool to win their crucial match on the last hole.
Royston then registered a resounding 5-1 victory against Abbotsley, to increase their tally to six wins and one halved match against local opposition.