Improved results for Royston
Last week s NHTTA league matches provided some encouragement for Royston Table Tennis Club with two successes from the four played. A welcome return to form by captain Gordon Barnes provided the platform for the B team s second win in Division One, his t
Last week's NHTTA league matches provided some encouragement for Royston Table Tennis Club with two successes from the four played.
A welcome return to form by captain Gordon Barnes provided the platform for the B team's second win in Division One, his three singles victories supported by two from Rob Vassallo and one from Haydn Gowan gave them a 6-4 win at Bedwell D.
In Division Two the C team also returned to winning ways with a comfortable 7-3 victory over Broadway E thanks to three singles wins from Terry Bailey and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg.
In a closely contested Division Three match at Green Man G which could have gone either way the D team eventually went down 6-4 with two singles successes from Barry Sharp and one apiece from Fred Bendall and Nathan Hutchings.
You may also want to watch:
But in the Premier Division there was no joy for the A team where an Alf Mills single produced the only point in a 9-1 defeat by Settlement Skylarks.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued