Ickwell undone at St Neots
St Neots Town Youth 3 Ickwell & Old Warden 1 Under-15s Division Three OVER the last couple of weeks Ickwell & Old Warden struggled to regain the form they had just before the break due to the snow in December. After arriving at St Neots the boys had to wa
St Neots Town Youth 3 Ickwell & Old Warden 1
Under-15s Division Three
OVER the last couple of weeks Ickwell & Old Warden struggled to regain the form they had just before the break due to the snow in December.
After arriving at St Neots the boys had to wait while the home team and referee inspected the pitch, cleared the lines and inspected the goal mouth areas of the pitch.
A decision had to be taken for the health and safety of all the boys - though not the parents who were wrapped up to their noses to brave the arctic conditions - and after a short delay it was decided to get under way.
A determined first half saw the St Neots lads score two goals despite some gritty defending by the visitors who scored one of their own at the start of the second half through Liam.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
One or two players from both sides were then shown the yellow card for late and dangerous tackles and indiscreet chatter and both they and their parents and clubs will be fined in due course.
The final goal of the game came from the hosts who took all the points in a 3-1 win with a final strike from the penalty spot.