Hurricanes blow away Sawbo
Sawbridgeworth A 2 Hitchin Hurricanes 9 Under-nines AN irresistible second-half display of attacking football saw the Hurricanes record their best win of the season after an uneven game. Against the run of play, Sawbridgeworth took a shock lead but Hitchi
Sawbridgeworth A 2 Hitchin Hurricanes 9
AN irresistible second-half display of attacking football saw the Hurricanes record their best win of the season after an uneven game.
Against the run of play, Sawbridgeworth took a shock lead but Hitchin quickly hit back and took the lead through Sam King and Somerset Gough before the hosts levelled to make it 2-2 at the break.
The second half was one-way traffic as the Hurricanes dominated and King and Joel Alderson were in devastating form.
They both scored four each as the Hurricanes ran out convincing winners, and between them have now scored 37 goals in 10 games this season.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 9 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
Sawbridgeworth B 1 Hitchin Hornets 1
STARTING their first game since November 29, the Hornets looked sharp and organised as they claimed a deserved draw in a game they dominated and should have won.
The first half was played almost exclusively in the Sawbridgeworth half and the only thing lacking was goals - despite lots of promising situations and half-chances, the goal that the Hornets deserved just didn't arrive.
The second half followed a similar pattern until against the run of play the hosts forced their first corner and went in front with a flick at the near post.
The Hornets responded positively and deservedly equalised when Morgan Noble charged into the area and crashed home a cross to make it 1-1.