Hotshot Wood's five-star show

Drayton Lions Res 1 Banyers 5 BARRY Wood scored all five goals as Banyers tamed a feisty Lions side. After an even start, Banyers took a 15th-minute lead when Wood latched on to a Dave Ratcliffe pass before firing home. Banyers took their foot off the ped

Drayton Lions Res 1 Banyers 5 BARRY Wood scored all five goals as Banyers tamed a feisty Lions side. After an even start, Banyers took a 15th-minute lead when Wood latched on to a Dave Ratcliffe pass before firing home. Banyers took their foot off the pedal, only to find Drayton pegging them back within 10 minutes. Having won the ball in defence, Drayton punted it forward to find their midfielder on the left, who put a neat pass through to Olly Rowden close to the side of the box. His left-footed cross spooned up in the air, over Adrian Pigg's head and into the back of the net to make it 1-1. Drayton should have gone in at half-time with the lead after having one effort cleared off the line, and another just dipping over the bar, but it was Banyers who snatched the lead just before the interval. A free-kick was floated towards the area by Adam Smith, and a Drayton defender could only touch the ball towards Wood, who did not miss from six yards. Banyers turned on the style in the second half, passing the ball around the Drayton side rather than through them. The tactical switch of swapping Stephen Paul to the right and Steve Cawdell to the left created greater attacking options for the away side. It was Glen Radford who set up the third goal. A run from defence down the right found him through on goal, but just after he shot he was felled by the tracking defender on the edge of the box. Wood stepped up and his left foot sent a curling shot around the wall and into the top corner Mark Crowley came on for Ramshaw as Banyers pushed for a fourth, but Drayton had a good five-minute spell and could have been awarded a penalty after a shot was blasted at skipper Halfacre's hands, before deflecting off on to Crowley's. It was all Banyers from then on, Wood scoring his fourth, having turned his marker neatly, picking up a pass from Ratcliffe and slotting under the advancing keeper. Banyers rounded things off with the goal of the game. A Drayton goal-kick was met by Ratcliffe in the centre. He nodded the ball down to Stephen Paul, who put a first-time ball over the defence into the path of Wood. He hit it first time with the outside of his left foot, bending it round the keeper into the bottom corner for his fifth to seal a convincing win. Banyers: A Pigg, M Hall, M Halfacre, A Smith, G Radford, S Ramshaw, S Paul, S Cawdell, C Holt, D Ratcliffe, B Wood. Subs: M Crowley, P Matthews. Steeple Morden 5 Linton Granta A 0 A CONFIDENT Steeple Morden cruised to a comfortable victory. After seeing a Charlie Prothero effort disallowed for offside, Steeple took a 15th-minute lead when Ben Holt sprinted into a good position before crossing into the box. Johnny Harper latched on to the ball and fired across the keeper into the bottom right corner. Holt claimed his second assist of the game, this time from the left, with Prothero stroking home the ball home. Holt's hat-trick of assists came shortly after the break, with another cross on to the head of Johnny Harper at the back post. Towards the latter stages of the game the visiting players began to look beaten and gaps were appearing throughout the side. Darren Bown was keen to expose this frailty. Picking the ball up in the centre of defence, he passed to Jamie Murphy, continued through midfield and ghosted past the Linton defence to receive the return ball from Murphy. He swept the ball low to the keeper's right to wrap it up. Steeple Morden: T Tidey, K Smith, M Holt (B Morris), P Hultey, J Watters, D Bown, A Prentice (N Kocak), J Murphy, C Prothero, B Holt, J Harper (S Cooke). Great Chishill 4 Orwell 0 CHISHILL grabbed a much-needed victory against bottom side Orwell to end their recent poor run of form. The home side dominated the first half, with goalkeeper Ian Gallagher having little to do. But as Chishill's wingers floated in good crosses from both flanks, they still lacked a finishing touch. Jonathan Drury had the best chance to score early on after rounding the goalkeeper, but he could only shoot into the side netting from a tight angle. However, he did find the net soon after, converting a left-wing cross from close range. The one-way traffic continued as the defence looked solid, and Steve McGee doubled the lead when he was put through, beating the keeper to the ball to slide home after his first shot hit a post. McGee then scored his second just before half-time, beating the defence for pace before shooting inside the keeper's near post. The win looked safe for Chishill at half-time, but they were under pressure in the first 15 minutes of the second half, and Gallagher had to be alert to tip a 20-yard shot wide. The hosts survived that spell and when Jonathan Drury found himself unmarked in the box he had time to find the bottom corner. After that he should have secured a hat-trick when he was put through on his own, but the keeper saved well before Jon Hodge hit a post with the follow-up. Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Manning, Gardiner, Rogers; Hodge, Edey, E Drury, White; McGee, J Drury. Subs: Gibson, Radford, Wilson.