Hormead hit hard by early goal
Under-11s Division Two Hormead Hares 0 Hitchin Town Youth 3 HORMEAD Hares Under-11s conceded a goal within 90 seconds at home to Hitchin Town Youth, with keeper Charlie Gates being beaten on his near post. They then plugged the holes in their defence
Under-11s Division Two
Hormead Hares 0 Hitchin Town Youth 3
HORMEAD Hares Under-11s conceded a goal within 90 seconds at home to
Hitchin Town Youth, with 'keeper Charlie Gates being beaten on his near post.
You may also want to watch:
They then plugged the holes in their defence and battled hard to
get an equaliser with George Berrett, Michael Hicks, Max Kerr and Jack
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Congrave coming to the fore.
However, they were caught on the break by a counter attack and were two goals adrift at half time.
A Joseph de Souza free kick made the Hitchin goalkeeper pull off an excellent diving save, to prevent Hares scoring.
Hares continued to battle with Owen Hughes working hard up front on his own but another Hitchin goal saw the match slip away.
Michael Hick almost earned the home side a consolation as a chipped shot from the edge of the penalty area nearly beat the keeper but the Hares are still seeking that elusive first league win of the season.