Hormead hit hard by early goal
Under-11s Division Two Hormead Hares 0 Hitchin Town Youth 3 HORMEAD Hares Under-11s conceded a goal within 90 seconds at home to Hitchin Town Youth, with keeper Charlie Gates being beaten on his near post. They then plugged the holes in their defence
Under-11s Division Two
Hormead Hares 0 Hitchin Town Youth 3
HORMEAD Hares Under-11s conceded a goal within 90 seconds at home to
Hitchin Town Youth, with 'keeper Charlie Gates being beaten on his near post.
They then plugged the holes in their defence and battled hard to
get an equaliser with George Berrett, Michael Hicks, Max Kerr and Jack
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 5 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
Congrave coming to the fore.
However, they were caught on the break by a counter attack and were two goals adrift at half time.
A Joseph de Souza free kick made the Hitchin goalkeeper pull off an excellent diving save, to prevent Hares scoring.
Hares continued to battle with Owen Hughes working hard up front on his own but another Hitchin goal saw the match slip away.
Michael Hick almost earned the home side a consolation as a chipped shot from the edge of the penalty area nearly beat the keeper but the Hares are still seeking that elusive first league win of the season.