Hormead hit hard by early goal
Under-11s Division Two Hormead Hares 0 Hitchin Town Youth 3 HORMEAD Hares Under-11s conceded a goal within 90 seconds at home to Hitchin Town Youth, with keeper Charlie Gates being beaten on his near post. They then plugged the holes in their defence
Under-11s Division Two
Hormead Hares 0 Hitchin Town Youth 3
HORMEAD Hares Under-11s conceded a goal within 90 seconds at home to
Hitchin Town Youth, with 'keeper Charlie Gates being beaten on his near post.
You may also want to watch:
They then plugged the holes in their defence and battled hard to
get an equaliser with George Berrett, Michael Hicks, Max Kerr and Jack
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Congrave coming to the fore.
However, they were caught on the break by a counter attack and were two goals adrift at half time.
A Joseph de Souza free kick made the Hitchin goalkeeper pull off an excellent diving save, to prevent Hares scoring.
Hares continued to battle with Owen Hughes working hard up front on his own but another Hitchin goal saw the match slip away.
Michael Hick almost earned the home side a consolation as a chipped shot from the edge of the penalty area nearly beat the keeper but the Hares are still seeking that elusive first league win of the season.