Hopkins wins Royston Golf Club’s winter title
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s seniors concluded their Friday Winter League with George Hopkins crowned overall winner ahead of Andy Forbes in second and Keith Cridland third.
Hopkins led from day one and returned some high point scores to take the title.
On Wednesday, the seniors held their medal day with Roger Craigen seeing a further two shot handicap reduction thanks to his five-under par 65.
In the ladies section Steph Denton won the Saturday medal while earlier in the week Jenny Jarvis won the midweek medal.
Friday saw Heydon Grange Venerables’ first away day of the year to Lakeside Lodge Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
First with 33 points and the winner of the Winter Stableford-John Owen Trophy was Dave Sephton while runner up, with 31 points, was Alan Blower. Nearest the pin was Tony Leigh and nearest the pin in two saw a tie between Peter Robbins and Dave Watts.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?