Hopkins wins Royston Golf Club’s winter title
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s seniors concluded their Friday Winter League with George Hopkins crowned overall winner ahead of Andy Forbes in second and Keith Cridland third.
Hopkins led from day one and returned some high point scores to take the title.
On Wednesday, the seniors held their medal day with Roger Craigen seeing a further two shot handicap reduction thanks to his five-under par 65.
In the ladies section Steph Denton won the Saturday medal while earlier in the week Jenny Jarvis won the midweek medal.
Friday saw Heydon Grange Venerables’ first away day of the year to Lakeside Lodge Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
First with 33 points and the winner of the Winter Stableford-John Owen Trophy was Dave Sephton while runner up, with 31 points, was Alan Blower. Nearest the pin was Tony Leigh and nearest the pin in two saw a tie between Peter Robbins and Dave Watts.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange