Hopkins is stableford star
ROYSTON Golf Club s Senior April Stableford was won by the ever-consistent Jim Hopkins. His score of 38 points saw off both John Fyson and Stuart Knight, who totalled 37 points, with Fyson taking second place on countback. Graham West finished in fourth
ROYSTON Golf Club's Senior April Stableford was won by the ever-consistent Jim Hopkins.
His score of 38 points saw off both John Fyson and Stuart Knight, who totalled 37 points, with Fyson taking second place on countback.
Graham West finished in fourth place with 36 points.
Royston's senior team also came out on top in their match with South Beds seniors, Royston romping to a comprehensive 6-1 victory.
Jordan Hardwidge claimed the Junior Medal competition with 89 less 25, score 64 net. Tom Porter finished second, ahead of James Smith.
The club has also witnessed a number of holes in one over the past month, with Peter Mitchell notching one, followed by Steve Woodward, and one of the club's leading golfers Stuart Phillips adding a third in as many weeks.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'