Hog roast at Meldreth
MELDRETH Bowls Club held their annual Hog Roast last Saturday on a scorching day.
It proved to be a very successful day which raised a substantial amount of money for club and chairperson Christine Piper thanked members for all their hard work.
Fun bowls took place in the afternoon including target bowls, casting jacks, bowls to markers and even playing bowls backwards!
Experienced bowlers were teamed up with non-bowlers and one such team comprising Mary Dean (Trumpington), non-bowler Alan Belgrave and skip Judy Davey (Cambs and County) who won first prize.
Sheila Coot (Foxton), non-bowler Mike Sherwen and Graham Parrish (Bassingbourn) were runners up.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Davey completed a successful afternoon by winning the highest ladies score on a board game with Mike Hardiman (Meldreth) who won the men’s event.
The afternoon was completed with a spider for the President’s charity which raised over �50 for Alzeihmers and the winners were June Chamberlain (Foxton) and John Piper (Meldreth). This was all followed by a wonderful hog roast cooked over a log fire on a balmy summers evening.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire