Hog roast at Meldreth
MELDRETH Bowls Club held their annual Hog Roast last Saturday on a scorching day.
It proved to be a very successful day which raised a substantial amount of money for club and chairperson Christine Piper thanked members for all their hard work.
Fun bowls took place in the afternoon including target bowls, casting jacks, bowls to markers and even playing bowls backwards!
Experienced bowlers were teamed up with non-bowlers and one such team comprising Mary Dean (Trumpington), non-bowler Alan Belgrave and skip Judy Davey (Cambs and County) who won first prize.
Sheila Coot (Foxton), non-bowler Mike Sherwen and Graham Parrish (Bassingbourn) were runners up.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Davey completed a successful afternoon by winning the highest ladies score on a board game with Mike Hardiman (Meldreth) who won the men’s event.
The afternoon was completed with a spider for the President’s charity which raised over �50 for Alzeihmers and the winners were June Chamberlain (Foxton) and John Piper (Meldreth). This was all followed by a wonderful hog roast cooked over a log fire on a balmy summers evening.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show