ROYSTON Mens I team beat Redbridge and Ilford 5-2 despite a lackluster performance on Saturday. The hosts controlled the fixture from start to finish, with Owen Russell, Chris Welding and Mike Welding all getting on the score sheet. Royston continued t
ROYSTON Mens' I team beat Redbridge and Ilford 5-2 despite a lackluster performance on Saturday.
The hosts controlled the fixture from start to finish, with Owen Russell, Chris Welding and Mike Welding all getting on the score sheet.
Royston continued to dominate in the second half and extended the lead to five, before Royston fell asleep with 20 minutes left which allowed the visitors to notch a couple of late goals.
The Mens' IIs lost to Rickmansworth 4-2 in their last match of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Royston were 2-0 down after four minutes but Nick Broadley pulled one back from a short corner before George Moffat grabbed the equaliser.
Two second half breakaway goals, though, left Royston with the heaviest defeat of the season, while the Mens' IV lost to Bishop's Stortford 5-3
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The Ladies' I team beat Letchworth 7-0 to end their season on a high.
Royston were dominant from the start and Wendy Holt opened the scoring after beating the defence with slick stick skills to put the ball in the back of the goal.
Lucy Davidson was next to get her name on the scoresheet before Vicki Bidwell thundered home another.
Kirtsy Penfold, Sophie Gathercole and Harriet Shipley all added to the score while Holt notched her second of the match.