High-scoring Panthers do it again with 18-0 win
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 18 Barmond 0 Under-11s Division Three A ONE sided match at Shepreth saw three of the Panthers grabbing hat tricks as Melbourn made it nine straight wins in the league. The Panthers were soon into their stride as they scored three
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 18 Barmond 0
Under-11s Division Three
A ONE sided match at Shepreth saw three of the Panthers grabbing hat tricks as Melbourn made it nine straight wins in the league.
The Panthers were soon into their stride as they scored three goals in the first four minutes with George Storey grabbing two and Luke Eades the other.
You may also want to watch:
The next 10 minutes saw the Barmond 'keeper make a series of saves to deny Tommy Hollway, Ryan Lees and Storey, however Hollway did get on the score sheet with two goals in quick succession on 15 and 16 minutes to make it 5-0.
Not to be out done Josh Hutton also scored two in two minutes, the first a lovely curling right foot shot, to make it 7-0.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Substitute Sam Austin made an immediate impact, coming on as a sub, to score a hat-trick in eight minutes giving Melbourn a 10-0 lead at half time.
The second half was a minute old when player-of-the-match Sam Potterill grabbed his first goal, six minutes later Connor Patel finished off a fine move involving Storey and Austin firing a sweet left footed shot in the corner.
Storey grabbed his hat-rick running on to a superb through ball by Austin, and soon after Hutton got his third with a well executed lob from 25 yards to make it 14-0.
Potterill, with his second, Robbie Dingwell, Eades and Storey completed the scoring against a spirited Barmond who, to their credit, never let their heads drop.