Hicks hits match-winning hat-trick
Royston Hockey Club round-up
A HAT-TRICK by Darren Hicks helped guide Royston I to a 4-3 win in their final pre-season friendly against Hertford. James Yarrow scored the other goal in what was a good run out for the first team.
The Men’s II worked hard to earn a 1-1 draw with Hertford II with Tim Yow scoring for the home side.
The Men’s V comfortably beat Hertford IV 4-1 in their friendly match to continue their 100 per cent record this season. Bailey Farmer, Toby Hall and two from Steve Gourd were all on target in what was a convincing victory while Josh Hughes, Fraser Deeprose, Jacob gourd and Wes Trotti all had excellent matches.
The Ladies I edged a closely-fought match against Letchworth II to win 1-0 courtesy of Wendy Holt’s strike. The result capped off a brilliant pre-season which saw them remain unbeaten throughout.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Ladies III found themselves on the wrong end of a 2-0 scoreline against Saffron Waldon V despite good performances from Gemma Luckman, Jo Pearce, Sarah Baker and Donna Williams.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe