Heydon Grange Trophy Night
AT the Heydon Grange Golf and Country Club Trophy Night the 2009 club champions Mark Lewis and Gloria Carse received the applause from their fellow golfers and their trophies from the men s and ladies captains. Following a busy golfing season the evening
AT the Heydon Grange Golf and Country Club Trophy Night the 2009 club champions Mark Lewis and Gloria Carse received the applause from their fellow golfers and their trophies from the men's and ladies' captains.
Following a busy golfing season the evening was a chance for all those who had won trophies and medals to receive recognition from their golfing colleagues for their achievements over the 2009 season.
Club captain John Black and ladies' captain Jane Patterson were kept busy handing out the trophies and medals to the right golfer for the correct competition.
The winner of the Ickleton Lion Order of Merit, having gained the most points awarded over the season's competitions, was Pete Garland and the sponsor, vice-captain Chris Collinson, presented the suitably embroidered sweater to the winner though first pulling out a somewhat smaller jumper than Pete expected.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies' Order of Merit for the most number of points amassed over the season was won by Wendy Osborne.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?