Heydon Grange hold annual two-day ladies’ and men’s Club Championship
- Credit: Archant
Heydon Grange Golf and Country Club’s held its annual two-day ladies’ and men’s Club Championship last weekend.
Elaine Knobel-Forbes took the female title and Darren Masters stormed to the men’s trophy.
Despite wet and windy conditions, several members braved the elements and the punishing rough to play 18 holes strokeplay on each of the two days over the Essex and Cambs courses.
Masters, playing off a handicap of seven, came in with a combined gross score of 161, 11 shots clear of his next opponent.
The best net score was won by Bryan Nunn, who celebrated his 80th birthday six weeks prior, with a combined net score of 140.
You may also want to watch:
Knobel-Forbes, playing off a handicap of 15, defeated her rivals with a combined gross score of 184.
The best combined net score of 151 was won by Anne Peers who received a three-shot cut.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash