Heydon Grange hold annual two-day ladies’ and men’s Club Championship
- Credit: Archant
Heydon Grange Golf and Country Club’s held its annual two-day ladies’ and men’s Club Championship last weekend.
Elaine Knobel-Forbes took the female title and Darren Masters stormed to the men’s trophy.
Despite wet and windy conditions, several members braved the elements and the punishing rough to play 18 holes strokeplay on each of the two days over the Essex and Cambs courses.
Masters, playing off a handicap of seven, came in with a combined gross score of 161, 11 shots clear of his next opponent.
The best net score was won by Bryan Nunn, who celebrated his 80th birthday six weeks prior, with a combined net score of 140.
You may also want to watch:
Knobel-Forbes, playing off a handicap of 15, defeated her rivals with a combined gross score of 184.
The best combined net score of 151 was won by Anne Peers who received a three-shot cut.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme