Spring Pairs Trophy the first piece of silverware of the season for Heydon Grange ladies
- Credit: HEYDON GRANGE GC
Heydon Grange Golf Club's women have played for the first big tournament of the year - the Spring Pairs Trophy.
It was played alongside the monthly Stableford and once all players had completed their rounds, blind pairs was drawn to find the winners of the trophy.
Carol Miller won the Stableford with a fantastic 41 points with Glo Carse second on count back with 32 points.
Miller was drawn with Elaine Knobel-Forbes, who also scored 32 points, meaning the duo were declared the winners.
Ladies captain Debbie Bryan did the honours of presenting the trophy.
A spokeswoman for the club said: "Heydon Grange has a small but very friendly women’s section and if anyone is interested in meeting the members, we hold a fun morning on a Wednesday, usually about twice a month.
"Players of all abilities take part in these fun games so if interested, contact Debbie Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org."
For more information on the club go to www.heydongrangegolf.co.uk
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden