Heydon golfers remember Lucy and Natalie
HEYDON Grange golfers took part in a mixed 27 hole competition at the club to in remembrance of Lucy and Natalie Godfrey. The Memorial Trophies were presented to the club by their father Martin Godfrey to honour the memory of his two daughters who tragica
HEYDON Grange golfers took part in a mixed 27 hole competition at the club to in remembrance of Lucy and Natalie Godfrey.
The Memorial Trophies were presented to the club by their father Martin Godfrey to honour the memory of his two daughters who tragically perished together in a house fire in Great Chesterford in the mid-1990s.
There are two prizes, with the Lucy Godfrey Claret Jug going to the winning male entrant and the Natalie Godfrey glass bowl to the winning female golfer.
This year's competition took place across all the 27 holes of the Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire courses in a stableford format with the two courses of 18 holes which qualified drawn at random after each of the participating golfers had completed the competition.
You may also want to watch:
The winning lady was Wendy Osborne who scored 36 points over the Essex and Cambridgeshire courses to take her trophy and the winning man was Andy Lawson with an excellent 39 points over the same courses.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start