Heydon golfers remember Lucy and Natalie
HEYDON Grange golfers took part in a mixed 27 hole competition at the club to in remembrance of Lucy and Natalie Godfrey. The Memorial Trophies were presented to the club by their father Martin Godfrey to honour the memory of his two daughters who tragica
HEYDON Grange golfers took part in a mixed 27 hole competition at the club to in remembrance of Lucy and Natalie Godfrey.
The Memorial Trophies were presented to the club by their father Martin Godfrey to honour the memory of his two daughters who tragically perished together in a house fire in Great Chesterford in the mid-1990s.
There are two prizes, with the Lucy Godfrey Claret Jug going to the winning male entrant and the Natalie Godfrey glass bowl to the winning female golfer.
This year's competition took place across all the 27 holes of the Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire courses in a stableford format with the two courses of 18 holes which qualified drawn at random after each of the participating golfers had completed the competition.
The winning lady was Wendy Osborne who scored 36 points over the Essex and Cambridgeshire courses to take her trophy and the winning man was Andy Lawson with an excellent 39 points over the same courses.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products