Heydon golfers remember Lucy and Natalie
HEYDON Grange golfers took part in a mixed 27 hole competition at the club to in remembrance of Lucy and Natalie Godfrey. The Memorial Trophies were presented to the club by their father Martin Godfrey to honour the memory of his two daughters who tragica
HEYDON Grange golfers took part in a mixed 27 hole competition at the club to in remembrance of Lucy and Natalie Godfrey.
The Memorial Trophies were presented to the club by their father Martin Godfrey to honour the memory of his two daughters who tragically perished together in a house fire in Great Chesterford in the mid-1990s.
There are two prizes, with the Lucy Godfrey Claret Jug going to the winning male entrant and the Natalie Godfrey glass bowl to the winning female golfer.
This year's competition took place across all the 27 holes of the Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire courses in a stableford format with the two courses of 18 holes which qualified drawn at random after each of the participating golfers had completed the competition.
You may also want to watch:
The winning lady was Wendy Osborne who scored 36 points over the Essex and Cambridgeshire courses to take her trophy and the winning man was Andy Lawson with an excellent 39 points over the same courses.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme