Herts League advance to round two of the Sovereign Cricket Trophy
- Credit: HERTS CRICKET LEAGUE
The Herts Cricket League got off to the perfect start in the 2021 Sovereign Cricket Trophy with a six-wicket win over the Gujerati Metropolitan Cricket League.
Played at North Mymms, the representative squad won the toss and opted to bowl first, removing the visitors for 172 in the 37th over.
There were three wickets each for Jack Wilkes-Green of Holtwhites Trinibis and Ali Sajjid while the host club's Nathan Stiffin claimed 2-33.
T Garraway also took a wicket but it was with the bat that he proved the match winner for Herts.
He hit a majestic 90 not out as Herts came home with more than 12 overs to play.
He was with Mark Costin (20*) at the end while Daniel Albon chipped in with a valuable 25.
They will now play the National Cricket League in round two with the match scheduled for June 16.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day