Reed to open new Herts Cricket League season against top two sides from last year
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Reed face a difficult opening to their 2021 Herts Cricket League Premier Division season after the fixtures were announced.
Potters Bar were champions in 2019, the last full season to be played, and topped the standings too in last year's half-season.
And it is to The Walk that Reed will travel on May 8, hoping to better their record of just one win from the eight games played last year, a sequence that left them second from bottom.
And the villagers' first match at their Blacksmith Lane home a week later doesn't bring any less pressure, with perennial challengers Totteridge Millhillians, the side who finished one place behind Potters Bar last term, the visitors.
They finish the season on September 4 at home to Welwyn Garden City.
The club's second team start life in Division Three B at home to Sandridge with their final game away to Cockfosters.
The third team are in Division 10 A and will face Letchworth Garden City fourths in their opening fixture at Whitethorn Lane. They finish on the road too at Harpenden fifths.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued