Hayden is just spot-on twice
Foxton 2 Histon A 1 FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup. Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were
Foxton 2 Histon A 1
FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were 1-0 up within three minutes.
They were awarded a penalty following a handball in the box, and Matthew Hayden stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way.
Foxton then went close to doubling their lead when Barry Webber launched himself at Adam Fields' corner but was unable to guide the ball towards goal.
Foxton's lead was eventually cancelled out by the pacy Histon frontline, but a second Hayden penalty following another handball soon followed.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
Hayden came to close to bagging a hat-trick later in the game but saw his first-time volley somehow blocked on the line.
Foxton: : J Chamberlain; D Chamberlain Ranner, Handscombe, Tokley; Lawrence, Hayden, Webber, Wellstead; Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Margiotta, Davenport, Ogilvie, Cambridge.