Hayden is just spot-on twice
Foxton 2 Histon A 1 FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup. Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were
Foxton 2 Histon A 1
FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were 1-0 up within three minutes.
They were awarded a penalty following a handball in the box, and Matthew Hayden stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton then went close to doubling their lead when Barry Webber launched himself at Adam Fields' corner but was unable to guide the ball towards goal.
Foxton's lead was eventually cancelled out by the pacy Histon frontline, but a second Hayden penalty following another handball soon followed.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Hayden came to close to bagging a hat-trick later in the game but saw his first-time volley somehow blocked on the line.
Foxton: : J Chamberlain; D Chamberlain Ranner, Handscombe, Tokley; Lawrence, Hayden, Webber, Wellstead; Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Margiotta, Davenport, Ogilvie, Cambridge.