Hayden is just spot-on twice
Foxton 2 Histon A 1 FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup. Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were
Foxton 2 Histon A 1
FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were 1-0 up within three minutes.
They were awarded a penalty following a handball in the box, and Matthew Hayden stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton then went close to doubling their lead when Barry Webber launched himself at Adam Fields' corner but was unable to guide the ball towards goal.
Foxton's lead was eventually cancelled out by the pacy Histon frontline, but a second Hayden penalty following another handball soon followed.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
Hayden came to close to bagging a hat-trick later in the game but saw his first-time volley somehow blocked on the line.
Foxton: : J Chamberlain; D Chamberlain Ranner, Handscombe, Tokley; Lawrence, Hayden, Webber, Wellstead; Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Margiotta, Davenport, Ogilvie, Cambridge.