Hayden is just spot-on twice
Foxton 2 Histon A 1 FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup. Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were
Foxton 2 Histon A 1
FOR the second consecutive week Foxton took a break from their league programme to bag a win against higher opposition in a knockout competition, this time the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
Foxton were quickly out of the blocks, and were 1-0 up within three minutes.
They were awarded a penalty following a handball in the box, and Matthew Hayden stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton then went close to doubling their lead when Barry Webber launched himself at Adam Fields' corner but was unable to guide the ball towards goal.
Foxton's lead was eventually cancelled out by the pacy Histon frontline, but a second Hayden penalty following another handball soon followed.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Hayden came to close to bagging a hat-trick later in the game but saw his first-time volley somehow blocked on the line.
Foxton: : J Chamberlain; D Chamberlain Ranner, Handscombe, Tokley; Lawrence, Hayden, Webber, Wellstead; Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Margiotta, Davenport, Ogilvie, Cambridge.