Hayden and Handscombe pick Cherries apart
Cherry Hinton 1 Foxton 2 GOALS from Matt Hayden and Duncan Handscombe gave Foxton a comfortable 2-1 win away to Cherry Hinton. The visitors started brightly with both full backs bombing forward to supply crosses into the box, but Foxton s strikers were un
Cherry Hinton 1 Foxton 2
GOALS from Matt Hayden and Duncan Handscombe gave Foxton a comfortable 2-1 win away to Cherry Hinton.
The visitors started brightly with both full backs bombing forward to supply crosses into the box, but Foxton's strikers were unable to convert any of these early chances.
On 20 minutes it looked as though Foxton had make the breakthrough when Adam Fields scored from what looked liked a good position, but the striker was given offside.
You may also want to watch:
Fields then had another chance when he controlled the ball with his chest before turning and shooting from outside the area, but this time he saw his effort go over the bar.
The second half started similarly to the first with Foxton in control, and on the hour mark Handscombe opened the scoring with an easy tap in following from quick footwork from Carlow Lawrence.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
Foxton doubled their lead when Hayden scored from the penalty spot following a push on Lawrence, and they then had to face an aerial bombardment as Cherry Hinton pushed men forward.
With three minutes to go Foxton's Jamie Chamberlain conceded a penalty which was duly despatched, but Cherry Hinton were unable to find an equaliser.
Manager Andy Cambridge said: "The lads tried hard and were committed throughout; they generally played some good football and also dug in when they needed to.
"Although 2-1 seems a close result, I thought it was more comfortable than the scoreline suggested, albeit with a nervy finish."
Team: J Chamberlain, D Chamberlain, Webber, Handscombe, Tokley, Lawrence, Hayden, Ogilvie, Wellstead, Fields, Davenport. Subs: Margiotta, Cambridge, Hoggarth