Hat-tricks for Rushton and Leavers
Royston Celtic Whites 9 Fairlands Youth 1 Under-12s Division One JUSTIN Leavers scored the first of nine goals for the Whites as they dismantled Fairlands Youth 9-1 at the weekend. Richard Jonas it was who set Leavers up to head home early on before Leave
Royston Celtic Whites 9 Fairlands Youth 1
Under-12s Division One
JUSTIN Leavers scored the first of nine goals for the Whites as they dismantled Fairlands Youth 9-1 at the weekend.
Richard Jonas it was who set Leavers up to head home early on before Leavers set up Rhys Westbury to make it two.
Westbury then played a through ball for Jonas but he was tripped in the box having beaten a defender so up stepped Leavers to put away the spot kick into the bottom corner.
Jonas made it four when he finished off a great Ben Webb pass while James Rushton, pictured, got the first of his three when he chipped the 'keeper to make it 5-0 at the break.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
The second half saw more of the same with Robbie Ponting having very little to do in the Whites' goal, but he kept his concentration well, while Jack Mills was his normal strong self and controlled the defence well while getting good support from Callum Pinner and Edward Atkins.
Lorcan George was next on the scoresheet when his run into the box was finished with Whites' sixth before Rushton then scored his second after his side had hit the bar and the post.
Eamon Henderson and Webb then set up Leavers who beat two players and finished for his third of the game and fourth hat-trick of the season.
From the kick off the Whites pressed hard once more and substitutes Joseph Ryding and Tom McGlynn joined the game.
Fairlands were unable to clear their lines and Rushton got his third of the game before the visitors scored a consolation late on.
Whites: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, Geroge, Jonas, Ruston, Webb, McGlynn, Ryding, Atkins.