Hat-tricks for Rushton and Leavers
Royston Celtic Whites 9 Fairlands Youth 1 Under-12s Division One JUSTIN Leavers scored the first of nine goals for the Whites as they dismantled Fairlands Youth 9-1 at the weekend. Richard Jonas it was who set Leavers up to head home early on before Leave
Royston Celtic Whites 9 Fairlands Youth 1
Under-12s Division One
JUSTIN Leavers scored the first of nine goals for the Whites as they dismantled Fairlands Youth 9-1 at the weekend.
Richard Jonas it was who set Leavers up to head home early on before Leavers set up Rhys Westbury to make it two.
You may also want to watch:
Westbury then played a through ball for Jonas but he was tripped in the box having beaten a defender so up stepped Leavers to put away the spot kick into the bottom corner.
Jonas made it four when he finished off a great Ben Webb pass while James Rushton, pictured, got the first of his three when he chipped the 'keeper to make it 5-0 at the break.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The second half saw more of the same with Robbie Ponting having very little to do in the Whites' goal, but he kept his concentration well, while Jack Mills was his normal strong self and controlled the defence well while getting good support from Callum Pinner and Edward Atkins.
Lorcan George was next on the scoresheet when his run into the box was finished with Whites' sixth before Rushton then scored his second after his side had hit the bar and the post.
Eamon Henderson and Webb then set up Leavers who beat two players and finished for his third of the game and fourth hat-trick of the season.
From the kick off the Whites pressed hard once more and substitutes Joseph Ryding and Tom McGlynn joined the game.
Fairlands were unable to clear their lines and Rushton got his third of the game before the visitors scored a consolation late on.
Whites: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, Geroge, Jonas, Ruston, Webb, McGlynn, Ryding, Atkins.