Hat-trick star Natasha has Stortford reeling

Royston Ladies II 4 Bishop s Stortford V 0 YOUNGSTER Natasha ­Greenstein scored her first Royston hat-trick as the seconds saw off Bishop s Stortford with a comfortable victory. However, it was the visitors who started off the brightest, but luckily for

Royston Ladies II 4 Bishop's Stortford V 0

YOUNGSTER Natasha ­Greenstein scored her first Royston hat-trick as the seconds saw off Bishop's Stortford with a comfortable victory.

However, it was the visitors who started off the brightest, but luckily for Royston they failed to capitalise on their early pressure.

Then midway through the first half, Greenstein opened the scoring with a classy finish from a tight angle which was almost on the back line.

She then fired in an almost identical second 10 minutes later.

After the break Royston attacked from the start, with keeper Laura Price having to make only one key save.

Most Read

The talented Greenstein then completed her hat-trick 10 minutes into the half after Lucy Davidson beat four players to provide the perfect pass for Greenstein to slot home.

Davidson then scored her 28th league goal of the season just before the final whistle, latching on to Sarah Farmer's cross and converting with a confident finish.

Royston currently lie fourth in the league table and with two games left there is still plenty up for grabs.

Berkhamsted 1 Royston III 5

SHOWING their strength and depth, Royston continued their quest for the Division 7 SW title with a ­commanding victory.

Despite missing four key players, including goal machine Nick Freeman, Royston had to rely on an inexperienced front three of Perry Noble, George Moffatt and Arnie Whittaker.

However, there was little cause for concern, as the youngsters came up trumps, causing problems from the off, with Moffatt opening the scoring with a well-taken strike following a goalmouth melee.

Royston dominated for most of the match and were 2-0 up at half-time with a penalty flick awarded for handling the ball in the D which was confidently dispatched by Paul Visagie.

The second half continued in the same vein, with Noble adding an early goal before Clive Biddlecombe slotted home two more, although a brief lapse in concentration did allow the hosts in for a consolation.

Royston now have just four games remaining, all against sides in the bottom half of the table, with not only promotion, but the league championship beckoning.

Royston IV 7 Shefford & Sandy 0

TURNING on the style, Royston chalked up their second successive seven-goal rout, brushing aside Shefford & Sandy.

Man-of-the-match Paul Bloomfield slotted home four of the goals, with a further brace coming from Steve Gourd, and the opener from Colin Bateman.

Within five minutes Royston were two goals up, and never allowed the visitors time to settle, with the front three of Bateman, Bloomfield, and Gourd terrorizing the Shefford defence.

However, the danger was that as Royston pushed for more goals they compressed Shefford into their own half, and restricted the opportunity to get behind the defence.

So a quick change saw Mike Papworth join the action, and by moving Mike Parsons to the right of midfield allowed Royston to get a further two goals by half-time.

The second half was more of the same, as Royston patiently moved the ball around, with Tim Yow dropping deeper to create more space and keep possession.

Most attacks came from the right, with Smith moving the ball to Welding, and on to Gourd to drive along the dead ball line to slip to the waiting Bloomfield for the easiest of finishes.

However when the team did move down the left, it came with pace and precision from a hard driving Berry who had a strong patient and structured game feeding both Bateman and Bloomfield with strong accurate passing.

Royston Ladies III 2 St Albans 0

HEATHER Polge's double was enough to give Royston maximum points in a hard-fought game with St Albans.

The visitors dominated the early possession. However, the game turned with Royston becoming more positive, and their play was rewarded when Polge broke the deadlock after 20 minutes following some good play by Gill Birch.

In the second half, it was Royston who came out the strongest, with Di Hassen and Caroline Yarrow both carving out opportunities.

St Albans came back and an error in defence gave away a penalty flick and goalkeeper Tash Ball stayed calm and made a fine save.

Royston then hit back and a cross from Yarrow was picked up ­beautifully by Polge, who snatched her second with another calm finish.