Haslingfield win trophy
HASLINGFIELD ended Cokenach s four-year grip on the annual Bassingbourn Cricket Club seven-a-side tournament with an impressive display. In the fifth year of the popular competition, Haslingfield came out on top having topped their group ahead of Cokenach
HASLINGFIELD ended Cokenach's four-year grip on the annual Bassingbourn Cricket Club seven-a-side tournament with an impressive display.
In the fifth year of the popular competition, Haslingfield came out on top having topped their group ahead of Cokenach, Bassingbourn and Ben Allen Old Boys.
Despite some challenging conditions, the games were played in good spirit and to the accompanying Twenty20 style music.
Bassingbourn just pipped last year's champions Cokenach into second place, so faced Haslingfield in the final.
You may also want to watch:
But it was Haslingfield that made the difference with Ward (35) and Ranner (23 not out) helping their side to 92 for 4 from their allotted 10 overs.
Bassingbourn struggled to get going, although Thompson (16) and Ferris (12) both gave glimmers of hope. However, the hosts were all bowled out for 64, leaving Haslingfield victors for the first time.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms