Haslingfield win trophy
HASLINGFIELD ended Cokenach s four-year grip on the annual Bassingbourn Cricket Club seven-a-side tournament with an impressive display. In the fifth year of the popular competition, Haslingfield came out on top having topped their group ahead of Cokenach
HASLINGFIELD ended Cokenach's four-year grip on the annual Bassingbourn Cricket Club seven-a-side tournament with an impressive display.
In the fifth year of the popular competition, Haslingfield came out on top having topped their group ahead of Cokenach, Bassingbourn and Ben Allen Old Boys.
Despite some challenging conditions, the games were played in good spirit and to the accompanying Twenty20 style music.
Bassingbourn just pipped last year's champions Cokenach into second place, so faced Haslingfield in the final.
You may also want to watch:
But it was Haslingfield that made the difference with Ward (35) and Ranner (23 not out) helping their side to 92 for 4 from their allotted 10 overs.
Bassingbourn struggled to get going, although Thompson (16) and Ferris (12) both gave glimmers of hope. However, the hosts were all bowled out for 64, leaving Haslingfield victors for the first time.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements