Claudio Ofosu off to Hartlepool United after stunning season with Royston Town
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will go into next season without the services of Claudio Ofosu – after the winger signed a deal with National League Hartlepool United.
And as much of that will be a disappointment, it won’t be too much of a surprise to many at Garden Walk who were delighted by his form last season which saw him net nine goals and create 11.
It brought plenty of attention from others but the 21-year-old explained why the move to the north east was the one that tempted him most.
Speaking on his new club’s website, he said: “It is a massive opportunity. I’ve climbed up two levels from Royston but before that I was full-time at Stevenage so I believe I can bring some of that experience here.
“There were a few National League clubs that put in offers but Hartlepool are a massive club.
You may also want to watch:
“I was speaking to the gaffer and this club probably shouldn’t be in this league but I thought this was a massive opportunity for me.”
Pools manager Dave Challinor also spoke about his delight at the signing.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
He said: “He is a player we kept our eye in through the whole course of last season, a young lad with a lot of potential.
“He is quick, direct and he’s one of them that gets the fans on the edge of their seat.
“As I said, he still only is a young lad but we hope he can come in and hit the ground running straight away.”