Harrison takes Royston Golf Club seniors’ Winter League event
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s Thursday Roll-Up was won by Dave Millership with a total of 40 points while newcomer to the group, Paul Lewis, came second with 39 points.
On Friday, the seniors’ Winter League saw a few hardy souls brave the weather and seniors’ captain Mike Harrison took the event with 30 points on countback from Sam Wallace.
The Saturday Swindle was won by Martin Castle who beat new member Vitor Freitas to second on countback as both returned to the clubhouse with 39 points.
Countback also sorted out third place as Robert Hart had the better back nine to push Mark Westwood into fourth.
On Sunday, it was a three-man team competition where the best two scores counted.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Dawson, Darren Thompson and Paul Lewis carded a 10-under-par score of 82 points which was enough to take the win.
In second place was the team of Nigel Thomas, Gary Hammond and Jan Burke who were four points behind the winners.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The traditional club match against Cambridge University ‘Stymies’ was also held on Sunday on the Heath and it resulted in an 11½ to 2½ victory for Royston.
Club captain Ray Sammons particularly singled out Royston junior Matt Bailey for his excellent attitude and for securing a hard-fought half in his afternoon singles match.