Hares' inventiveness not enough to beat the Comets
FC Comets 5 Hormead Hares 1 Under-11s Division Two HORMEAD Hares Under-11s suffered a third defeat of the season at the hands of a well drilled FC Comet side at the weekend. The 5-1 defeat belies a spirited performance from the Hares who, despite concedin
FC Comets 5 Hormead Hares 1
Under-11s Division Two
HORMEAD Hares Under-11s suffered a third defeat of the season at the hands of a well drilled FC Comet side at the weekend.
The 5-1 defeat belies a spirited performance from the Hares who, despite conceding two goals in the first 14 minutes, carried on battling right up to the very end.
You may also want to watch:
Man-of-the-match Harry Jarman put in a commanding performance in goal as a second half replacement which was not bad for a player who is noted for his goal scoring prowess rather than his goal saving expertise.
He also set up his side's only goal with a quick, well struck goal kick towards Joseph de Souza who collected the ball on the half way line, advanced on goal and beat the advancing 'keeper with a skilled lob.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
Despite what was starting to look like one way traffic, the Comets were pinned in their own half for long periods and the Hares' inventiveness never ceased.
After conceding a third, for example, the crowd were flummoxed by Owen Hughes' delicate chip up to restart the game only to gasp in awe as an audacious de Souza tried to beat the goalkeeper from the halfway line.
The good humoured game was enjoyed by all.