Hares dominate as Royston tire
Hormead Hares Blacks 6 Royston Celtic Greens 2 Under 12 Division Four IN their first competitive match Celtic Greens under-12s came up against a strong Hares team and spurned an opportunity to take an early lead with a swift attack but a final shot off ta
Hormead Hares Blacks 6 Royston Celtic Greens 2
Under 12 Division Four
IN their first competitive match Celtic Greens under-12s came up against a strong Hares team and spurned an opportunity to take an early lead with a swift attack but a final shot off target.
After five minutes Hares took the lead with a well-worked move and shot from the right after the ball eluded Celtic defenders.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares upped the pressure and began to dominate, bringing on subs after 20 minutes and then almost immediately scored their second goal.
Celtic kept plugging away but found it difficult to impose themselves in the middle of the park and were unlucky when their keeper made a save but the ball rebounded off an attacker into the net putting Hares 3-0 up at half-time.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
Celtic made several changes at half-time then took to the attack and when Danny Mynott was brought down following a good run down the right Ollie Green stepped up and drilled the ball home from the spot.
Celtic kept up the pressure and Brandon Hargreaves scored direct from another well-taken corner.
After twice coming close to scoring again Celtic went behind to an unchallenged header from a corner before tiring and conceding two late goals which gave the Hares a somewhat flattering 6-2 victory.