Hares dominate as Royston tire
Hormead Hares Blacks 6 Royston Celtic Greens 2 Under 12 Division Four IN their first competitive match Celtic Greens under-12s came up against a strong Hares team and spurned an opportunity to take an early lead with a swift attack but a final shot off ta
Hormead Hares Blacks 6 Royston Celtic Greens 2
Under 12 Division Four
IN their first competitive match Celtic Greens under-12s came up against a strong Hares team and spurned an opportunity to take an early lead with a swift attack but a final shot off target.
After five minutes Hares took the lead with a well-worked move and shot from the right after the ball eluded Celtic defenders.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares upped the pressure and began to dominate, bringing on subs after 20 minutes and then almost immediately scored their second goal.
Celtic kept plugging away but found it difficult to impose themselves in the middle of the park and were unlucky when their keeper made a save but the ball rebounded off an attacker into the net putting Hares 3-0 up at half-time.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Celtic made several changes at half-time then took to the attack and when Danny Mynott was brought down following a good run down the right Ollie Green stepped up and drilled the ball home from the spot.
Celtic kept up the pressure and Brandon Hargreaves scored direct from another well-taken corner.
After twice coming close to scoring again Celtic went behind to an unchallenged header from a corner before tiring and conceding two late goals which gave the Hares a somewhat flattering 6-2 victory.