Hares come back from 2-0 down to take a point
Hormead Hares Blacks 2 BSCFC Blues 2 Under-11 Division Two HORMEAD Hares U11s once again demonstrated character and grit to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against a well disciplined Bishop s Stortford Blues team. Despite enjoying the majority of the play
Hormead Hares Blacks 2 BSCFC Blues 2
Under-11 Division Two
HORMEAD Hares' U11s once again demonstrated character and grit to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against a well disciplined Bishop's Stortford Blues team.
Despite enjoying the majority of the play in the first half, Hares once again failed to capitalise on their domination and succumbed to a well executed break away move to finish the half 0-1 down.
You may also want to watch:
A second well taken Stortford goal at the beginning of the second half suggested the game was over but the Hare players had different ideas.
Joseph de Souza deftly skipped through a couple of tackles in the six-yard box to score Hares' first and resurrect hope.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
Owen Hughes slipped in to the same area a few minutes later to score Hares' second with his head and draw them level.
Hares dominated the last period of the game with Michael Hicks going close, but Stortford's determined defensive work ensured that both teams ended up with a well deserved draw.