Hares come back from 2-0 down to take a point
Hormead Hares Blacks 2 BSCFC Blues 2 Under-11 Division Two HORMEAD Hares U11s once again demonstrated character and grit to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against a well disciplined Bishop s Stortford Blues team. Despite enjoying the majority of the play
Hormead Hares Blacks 2 BSCFC Blues 2
Under-11 Division Two
HORMEAD Hares' U11s once again demonstrated character and grit to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against a well disciplined Bishop's Stortford Blues team.
Despite enjoying the majority of the play in the first half, Hares once again failed to capitalise on their domination and succumbed to a well executed break away move to finish the half 0-1 down.
A second well taken Stortford goal at the beginning of the second half suggested the game was over but the Hare players had different ideas.
Joseph de Souza deftly skipped through a couple of tackles in the six-yard box to score Hares' first and resurrect hope.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Owen Hughes slipped in to the same area a few minutes later to score Hares' second with his head and draw them level.
Hares dominated the last period of the game with Michael Hicks going close, but Stortford's determined defensive work ensured that both teams ended up with a well deserved draw.