Hampden Bowl joy for Smith
MARK Smith secured his biggest win to date – fending off a large field to claim the Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. The 10-handicapper played some steady golf and finished with a nett 66 to win by a single shot. Robert Clark was sec
MARK Smith secured his biggest win to date - fending off a large field to claim the Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
The 10-handicapper played some steady golf and finished with a nett 66 to win by a single shot.
Robert Clark was second (69-2=67) on countback ahead of Alistair Horwood (81-14=67).
Trevor Sweeting won the Battle of Britain Charity Stableford on Saturday with 41 points.
His back nine of level par was the key to his success, and as a result has seen his handicap tumble into single figures.
Stuart Phillips was runner-up with 40 points, the county player shooting a gross 65.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
Mick Rowland and Steve De Fraine tied third with 38 points, with Sally Woodhead winning the ladies' prize ahead of Alice Lewis.
Joan Buckerfield held her Lady Captain's Day with more than 40 participants.
Ladies Club Champion Jenny Jarvis took the top prize.