Hampden Bowl joy for Smith
MARK Smith secured his biggest win to date – fending off a large field to claim the Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. The 10-handicapper played some steady golf and finished with a nett 66 to win by a single shot. Robert Clark was sec
MARK Smith secured his biggest win to date - fending off a large field to claim the Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
The 10-handicapper played some steady golf and finished with a nett 66 to win by a single shot.
Robert Clark was second (69-2=67) on countback ahead of Alistair Horwood (81-14=67).
Trevor Sweeting won the Battle of Britain Charity Stableford on Saturday with 41 points.
You may also want to watch:
His back nine of level par was the key to his success, and as a result has seen his handicap tumble into single figures.
Stuart Phillips was runner-up with 40 points, the county player shooting a gross 65.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Mick Rowland and Steve De Fraine tied third with 38 points, with Sally Woodhead winning the ladies' prize ahead of Alice Lewis.
Joan Buckerfield held her Lady Captain's Day with more than 40 participants.
Ladies Club Champion Jenny Jarvis took the top prize.