Hampden Bowl joy for Smith
MARK Smith secured his biggest win to date – fending off a large field to claim the Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. The 10-handicapper played some steady golf and finished with a nett 66 to win by a single shot. Robert Clark was sec
MARK Smith secured his biggest win to date - fending off a large field to claim the Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
The 10-handicapper played some steady golf and finished with a nett 66 to win by a single shot.
Robert Clark was second (69-2=67) on countback ahead of Alistair Horwood (81-14=67).
Trevor Sweeting won the Battle of Britain Charity Stableford on Saturday with 41 points.
You may also want to watch:
His back nine of level par was the key to his success, and as a result has seen his handicap tumble into single figures.
Stuart Phillips was runner-up with 40 points, the county player shooting a gross 65.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Mick Rowland and Steve De Fraine tied third with 38 points, with Sally Woodhead winning the ladies' prize ahead of Alice Lewis.
Joan Buckerfield held her Lady Captain's Day with more than 40 participants.
Ladies Club Champion Jenny Jarvis took the top prize.