Hammond injury blow as Crows gain revenge
Stony Stratford 1 Royston Town 4 TWO goals from Luke Robins helped The Crows get revenge on a Stony Stratford side which had beaten them 3-1 at Garden Walk earlier in the season. Royston began with great urgency and almost went ahead within the first minu
Stony Stratford 1 Royston Town 4
TWO goals from Luke Robins helped The Crows get revenge on a Stony Stratford side which had beaten them 3-1 at Garden Walk earlier in the season.
Royston began with great urgency and almost went ahead within the first minute but in-form striker Craig Hammond put his effort just over the bar.
In the opening exchanges Royston used winger Luke Robins to good effect and it was no surprise when the young flyer put his team ahead after 16 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone by the rampaging Robins on the left, right winger Tom Malins put his name on the scoresheet five minutes later when he successfully controlled a cross-field pass, cut inside the defence, and powered the ball into the back of the net.
Hammond was taken off at the half-hour mark with concussion after being elbowed in the face, but Royston were soon three goals ahead.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Ross Collins cut inside from the left, and his cross skipped past the Stony defence and took a bounce in front of the keeper, who was unable to keep it out.
The second half began just like the first with Royston putting pressure on the Stratford defence.
The Crows' attacking play paid off when Robins burst into the penalty area and was brought down, earning his side a penalty.
Robins picked himself up and slotted the ball home in the bottom corner.
Royston defender David Cain gave away a penalty in the 67th minute which the home team put away, but it was too little, too late.
Royston Town: Williamson, Endacott, Collins, Babbage, Cain, De Lacy, Edwards, Malins, Hammond, Welch, Robins. Subs: Young, Apostolos, Stephens.