Haberdashers hurdle is next
Kevin Green hopes for more of the same after his side comprehensively beat rivals Old Tottonians on Saturday. Green described the fixture as a must win as the north London side sat just two points behind the Crows in the table. And after they chalked u
Kevin Green hopes for more of the same after his side comprehensively beat rivals Old Tottonians on Saturday.
Green described the fixture as a "must win" as the north London side sat just two points behind the Crows in the table.
And after they chalked up an impressive 34 points, including five tries, Green said he wants to see a repeat performance when Royston travel to Borehamwood for another vital league match against Old Haberdashers this weekend.
He said: "It's going to be another big game for us, because Old Haberdashers are only two points in front of us. They are a good side that will battle all the way.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be a tough game but if we can continue where we left off against Old Tottonians then I think we'll do well.
"We're looking to move up the table and consolidate a position in the top half.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
"Old Streetonians are running away with the league and Cheshunt are not far behind, but it would be nice to get as close as we can to those two sides.
"It's another critical game and hopefully we can pinch some points away from home - which is always hard."
- Saturday's opponents Old Haberdashers scraped past struggling Mill Hill last weekend with a 15-11 win at home.