Haberdashers hurdle is next
Kevin Green hopes for more of the same after his side comprehensively beat rivals Old Tottonians on Saturday. Green described the fixture as a must win as the north London side sat just two points behind the Crows in the table. And after they chalked u
Kevin Green hopes for more of the same after his side comprehensively beat rivals Old Tottonians on Saturday.
Green described the fixture as a "must win" as the north London side sat just two points behind the Crows in the table.
And after they chalked up an impressive 34 points, including five tries, Green said he wants to see a repeat performance when Royston travel to Borehamwood for another vital league match against Old Haberdashers this weekend.
He said: "It's going to be another big game for us, because Old Haberdashers are only two points in front of us. They are a good side that will battle all the way.
"It will be a tough game but if we can continue where we left off against Old Tottonians then I think we'll do well.
"We're looking to move up the table and consolidate a position in the top half.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
"Old Streetonians are running away with the league and Cheshunt are not far behind, but it would be nice to get as close as we can to those two sides.
"It's another critical game and hopefully we can pinch some points away from home - which is always hard."
- Saturday's opponents Old Haberdashers scraped past struggling Mill Hill last weekend with a 15-11 win at home.