Gypps bags top spot in challenge
THE annual Royston Angling Club v the Environmental Agency (EA) challenge took place in Ely, with the EA coming out on top. Despite Royston s Alan Gypps finishing in first place with a catch of 8lb 3oz, EA won with the help of three of Royston members, i
THE annual Royston Angling Club v the Environmental Agency (EA) challenge took place in Ely, with the EA coming out on top.
Despite Royston's Alan Gypps finishing in first place with a catch of 8lb 3oz, EA won with the help of three of Royston members, including Mick Rivers, who finished second with a catch of 5lb 15oz.
EA's James Hooker finished third with 5 lb 3oz.
Royston Angling Club will be hosting the last of the club's beginners days on Saturday, at Thriplow Reservoir from 10am-5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to anyone, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tackle and bait will be provided if needed, with club members on hand for advice and help.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
For more information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.