Gypps bags top spot in challenge
THE annual Royston Angling Club v the Environmental Agency (EA) challenge took place in Ely, with the EA coming out on top. Despite Royston s Alan Gypps finishing in first place with a catch of 8lb 3oz, EA won with the help of three of Royston members, i
THE annual Royston Angling Club v the Environmental Agency (EA) challenge took place in Ely, with the EA coming out on top.
Despite Royston's Alan Gypps finishing in first place with a catch of 8lb 3oz, EA won with the help of three of Royston members, including Mick Rivers, who finished second with a catch of 5lb 15oz.
EA's James Hooker finished third with 5 lb 3oz.
Royston Angling Club will be hosting the last of the club's beginners days on Saturday, at Thriplow Reservoir from 10am-5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to anyone, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tackle and bait will be provided if needed, with club members on hand for advice and help.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
For more information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.