Gypps bags top spot in challenge
THE annual Royston Angling Club v the Environmental Agency (EA) challenge took place in Ely, with the EA coming out on top. Despite Royston s Alan Gypps finishing in first place with a catch of 8lb 3oz, EA won with the help of three of Royston members, i
THE annual Royston Angling Club v the Environmental Agency (EA) challenge took place in Ely, with the EA coming out on top.
Despite Royston's Alan Gypps finishing in first place with a catch of 8lb 3oz, EA won with the help of three of Royston members, including Mick Rivers, who finished second with a catch of 5lb 15oz.
EA's James Hooker finished third with 5 lb 3oz.
Royston Angling Club will be hosting the last of the club's beginners days on Saturday, at Thriplow Reservoir from 10am-5pm.
The event is open to anyone, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tackle and bait will be provided if needed, with club members on hand for advice and help.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
For more information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.