Grimes takes Memorial League title
ARRAN Grimes won the Arthur Melling Memorial League this week in what has been a fantastic season for the youngster. Grimes, who won the title with three games to spare, said: Obviously I am very pleased. I think I could have played better at certain tim
ARRAN Grimes won the Arthur Melling Memorial League this week in what has been a fantastic season for the youngster.
Grimes, who won the title with three games to spare, said: "Obviously I am very pleased. I think I could have played better at certain times but I'm still unbeaten and I'm hoping I can end the season with that still intact. It's a nice trophy for my collection."
As the league is nearing its winter break - it resumes in the spring of next year - shock results are still occurring.
Marvin Joyner has put a string of results together as he beat Mike Bentley 9-7 in a nail biting last set and if his run continues it is not out of the question that he can better last year's final position of fourth in the league.
After his game Joyner praised Grimes on his form this season, saying: "The best player has definitely won the league this year.
"Arran has been superb. He has been extremely hard to play against but I'll back be and after that trophy next year."
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Three games remain until the end of the season.