Grimes takes Memorial League title
ARRAN Grimes won the Arthur Melling Memorial League this week in what has been a fantastic season for the youngster. Grimes, who won the title with three games to spare, said: Obviously I am very pleased. I think I could have played better at certain tim
ARRAN Grimes won the Arthur Melling Memorial League this week in what has been a fantastic season for the youngster.
Grimes, who won the title with three games to spare, said: "Obviously I am very pleased. I think I could have played better at certain times but I'm still unbeaten and I'm hoping I can end the season with that still intact. It's a nice trophy for my collection."
As the league is nearing its winter break - it resumes in the spring of next year - shock results are still occurring.
Marvin Joyner has put a string of results together as he beat Mike Bentley 9-7 in a nail biting last set and if his run continues it is not out of the question that he can better last year's final position of fourth in the league.
You may also want to watch:
After his game Joyner praised Grimes on his form this season, saying: "The best player has definitely won the league this year.
"Arran has been superb. He has been extremely hard to play against but I'll back be and after that trophy next year."
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Three games remain until the end of the season.