Grimes takes Memorial League title
ARRAN Grimes won the Arthur Melling Memorial League this week in what has been a fantastic season for the youngster. Grimes, who won the title with three games to spare, said: Obviously I am very pleased. I think I could have played better at certain tim
ARRAN Grimes won the Arthur Melling Memorial League this week in what has been a fantastic season for the youngster.
Grimes, who won the title with three games to spare, said: "Obviously I am very pleased. I think I could have played better at certain times but I'm still unbeaten and I'm hoping I can end the season with that still intact. It's a nice trophy for my collection."
As the league is nearing its winter break - it resumes in the spring of next year - shock results are still occurring.
Marvin Joyner has put a string of results together as he beat Mike Bentley 9-7 in a nail biting last set and if his run continues it is not out of the question that he can better last year's final position of fourth in the league.
You may also want to watch:
After his game Joyner praised Grimes on his form this season, saying: "The best player has definitely won the league this year.
"Arran has been superb. He has been extremely hard to play against but I'll back be and after that trophy next year."
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Three games remain until the end of the season.